Looking for the Best Bassinet for Small Spaces?
In A Rush? Check Out The Number 1 Pick Here:
It’s never enough when you plan things for your bundle of joy. As parents, we try to do everything possible to keep them cozy and warm. Bassinets are one of them and a super important one.
But there are so many choices for how and when the baby will sleep, you may be feeling a little confused. On the one side, seeing the baby in their crib too far away may feel isolating for both the parent and the child. Co-sleeping can be very caring, but it puts the infant in a vulnerable spot. A bassinet for tight spaces could be the perfect sleeping option for you.
Aspect to Consider Before Buying the Best Bassinet for Small Spaces
A bassinet size can be helpful, particularly if you have a limited space room to work in. However, that also ensures that you’ll be transitioning your infant from a bassinet to a crib before you know it!
A bassinet’s compact size makes it very convenient, but your kid will outgrow it in no time! By the time baby is four months old. Babies get too heavy for a bassinet. Therefore, this aspect must be considered before buying the products.
For diapers, towels, and clothing, certain bassinets have pockets or storage underneath. Any of them will double as a changing table. Others may be transformed into a bedside sleeper that can be attached to an adult bed.
Top 5 Best Bassinet for Small Spaces: Our Top Picks
1. Fisher-Price Rock Portable Bassinet | Best Overall Product
Fisher-Price has critical features to make it ideal for both new-born and their parents. It’s compact, lightweight, and only 7.5 pounds. This takes up little room and folds nearly fully flat when you leave the building, despite the lack of wheels.
The bassinet folds quickly and can be carried from room to room. Its legs are bent so you can softly rock your son, but we’ve noticed that wood flooring fits better than carpet. The mesh edges significantly reduce suffocation as the mattress is thin and firm. These aspects contribute to the safety of the bassinet. There are no sheets included with this bassinet.
This bassinet comes with a washable feature. The dryer-resistant mattress pad features safety requirements and also has a detachable toy piece.
But the thin, connected mirror is attached and sticks out slightly. If it bothers or distracts your kid, you might want to cut it out with scissors. As this bassinet is lower than an adult crib, you’ll have to reach down to get your newborn. And it could be more daunting at first.
2. Dream On Me Karley Bassinet | Best in Affordability
- Light & versatile: The Karley bassinet is designed with a lightweight aluminum frame that allows you to move it easily from room to room. It comes with a no-tool assembly & quick-folding mechanism. Use it indoors and carry it outdoors without any hassle
- Roomy interiors: with dimensions of 33Lx19. 5Wx37H inches, the Karley is as spacious as they come. The roomy, airy bassinet features an adjustable double canopy that keeps bugs away; there is also a large storage bag to hold your babies' Essentials
- Stylish look: The Karley is made out of a soft, safe and comfortable polyester foam fabric, which is easy to clean. It is available in nine beautiful finishes, allowing it to blend in beautifully with the nursery of your dreams
- Mattress included: It includes a dual-sided 1-Inch thick Mattress pad as recommended by the ASTM & CPSC. Mattress pad Specs are 30Lx15Wx1H inches. It meets flame retardants requirement of CPSC, CA prop 65, Vermont act 0085(bill S.81), NY law 37-0701/9
- OTHER SPECS: The Karley Bassinet weighs 12.4lbs and is recommended for newborns up to 25lbs. The height with the canopy is 37 inches, height without is 27. Folded Dimension: 19.5 x 6 x 32 H inches
Dream has several features that make it attractive. This bassinet is safe for children weighted for 25 pounds and five months. It’s lightweight and flexible and can also be carried outside easily. It is also simple to put together (only three parts!) and has a light-blocking canopy that can be adjusted.
If you have curious brothers, cats, or other pets, this foldable canopy is a good feature. Even if you want to take your baby outside, this will keep him or her safe from pests. The mattress pad that comes with the bassinet is one inch deep and very thin and rough.
If you intend to use the bassinet regularly, you may want to invest in a second mattress and cradle cover. Polyester foam, breathable mesh ends, and good storage space are some of this product’s premium features. It measures 35.5′′ x 18.3′′ x 47′′ and is tall enough to be approached without bending down too far from an adult room. A variety of colors and styles are available.
3. Babybjorn Cradle | Best Portable
- Lulls your baby to sleep with relaxing, gentle rocking movement
- JPMA Certified Product with low height and transparent mesh fabrics allowing for secure supervision of your baby
- Easy to move around the house so you can always have your child close to you day and night
- Soft, breathable and airy sides and simple design with no bars or loose parts to trap tiny hands or feet
- From newborn (8 lbs) to approximately six months (17 lbs);Legs: wood and steel
Babybjorn has a simple style. And it gives it a sleek feel while also providing a safe space for your baby to sleep. It has a low height, portable, gentle rocking motion, and clear mesh fabric. All these things make it ideal for keeping an eye on your child from every room in the house.
This cradle is rated for children aged six months to 18 pounds. And even after the infant can sit, kneel, or stand without assistance. There is no provision for baby storage. A mesh canopy for ambient lighting and a fitted supplier cradle sheet is available.
It has been safety-checked for use with this model. The manufacturer recommends this cover. The fabrics are Oeko-Tex Model 100, level 1 certified. With an international textile safety standard. All of the materials are machine washable, and the mesh sides allow the baby to breathe properly.
Warning labels are sewn to the product, like they are with most baby goods, and are difficult to detach. They can be unsightly, but they have little effect on the product’s functionality. The MDF at the bottom of the cradle is made with formaldehyde.
4. Arm's Reach Concepts Clear-Vue Cocoa Fern | Best Lightweight
- 360 View of baby.No additional leg extensions are necessary with this Co-Sleeper, because the legs have a built in adjustability. These legs adjust between 24 inchand 30 inch in 2inch increments
- Measures: 34" x 20" x 31" and If replacement or additional sheets are needed, the Mini size will fit the Clear-Vue Co-Sleeper bassinet.
- Includes mattress fitted sheet strap and plate, Convenient storage basket. Federal standards require no more than a 1/2 inch (13mm) gap between bedside sleeper and adult bed
- Built in Leg Extensions with wheels for mobility.For bed heights starting at 24", measured from the floor to the top of the adult mattress.
- For use up to 5 months or able to push up on hand and knees. Breathable mesh sides
Arm's Reach has lots of features. It has a compact footprint (34′′ x 20′′ x 31′′), leg height changes, all-side mesh coverage, and portability. Thanks to the wheeled legs. Leg extensions would have been fantastic.
And you never know where you’ll want the bassinet to be so you can reach the baby in the middle of the night. It could be a little wobbly on the maximum possible setting, so I’d probably lower it from there. Using the clear view feature, you can easily fall asleep next to the baby. This fosters attachment without putting the baby in the same bed as you.
This bassinet comes with a mattress-covered sheet strap and tray for use for up to 5 months. The thin mattress, mesh sides, and lack of toys, mirrors provide a safe environment for infants. If you don’t like the brown/green mix, there are other paint variations for this model.
5. Chicco Lullago Portable Bassinet | Best Durability
- Large, padded mattress with zip-and-wash pad
- Mesh side panels provide visibility and ventilation
- Snap-on metal legs for fast and easy setup and storage
- Flat fold and included carry bag for travel and storage
- All fabrics are removable and machine-washable
Chicco is marketed as both a portable bassinet and a travel crib. It is suitable for both traveling and staying at home. Snap-on legs make it easy to set up in seconds, and anti-slip feet hold the bassinet firmly in place on all four legs. Any piece of cloth is washable, and mistakes are bound to happen.
Keeping this bassinet spotless would be a breeze. It doesn’t come with a waterproof cover, so you’ll need to buy one separately. The bassinet is not completely meshed, with see-through windows on both sides. But it allows you for easier viewing of the baby and some ventilation.
Chestnut, lavender, and sky are three colors that can be used to match the furniture. This item does not have wheels to help you move this bulkier bassinet from room to room in your home.
But it isn’t particularly large. It also folds up for storage or transport and comes with a convenient carrying case. It’s challenging to find good-fitting sheets (the Chicco ones are expensive). And there’s no underneath storage, but it has a clean, sleek look. A deluxe edition with a canopy is also available.
If I had to choose a bassinet, the Arm’s Reach Concepts Clear-Vue bassinet would be my first choice. It isn’t the most attractive solution, but it seems to be the most functional. It has mesh edges, lightweight but well-supported mattress, and a lack of accessories. And it is a strong winner in the safety department.
- KEEP BABY SAFELY BY YOUR BED: A great alternative to bed sharing, this bedside sleeper keeps Baby close the slim base with wheels easily slides under your bed, sofa or chair making it a safe, separate space for your baby
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: 5 adjustable heights allow you to pick the height that works for your bed clear view | Mesh sides provide an unobstructed view of Baby and help with airflow
- AMPLE STROAGE: Large storage pockets on each end provide space for burp clothes, small toys or pacifiers
- EASY TO CLEAN: Washable fabric fitted sheet and 1-inch comfort mattress pad
- SIZE: Assembled dimensions: 31 L x 19.5 W x 41.5 H Inches | SAFETY CERTIFICATIONS: JPMA certified; meets or exceeds ASTM and applicable CPSC standards
- 🐻FITS MOST BASSINET PADS/MATTRESS：Measuring 32" X 16"x 3" Our bassinet sheets fit almost all standard oval, round, rectangle, hourglass shaped bassinet mattress. Each sheet comes with an elastic band encased at the bottom for safety.
- 🐷PREMIUM QUALITY：Made of 100% extra-fine weave brushed microfiber fabric. SVTEOKO bassinet sheets offer a breathable, silky soft like feel for exceptional comfort, providing your little ones a safe and comfy sleeping environment.
- 🌿CLEAN IT WITHOUT HASSLE: This fitted bassinet sheet set topper can be cleaned easily and effortlessly, as it’s machine washable.
- 🐬APPLY IT WITHIN SECONDS: Thanks to the elastic bottom ,those soft and breathable bassinet sheets can be applied within seconds and guarantees to stay in place no matter what.
- 🌸TOP CUSTOMER SERVICE:If you have any question with this bassinet, please contact us, we will reply within 24 hours. We offer an 30-day money-back guarantee, if the purchase has any quality defect, please be assured the purchase.
- ADJUSTABLE FRAME: This bassinet's stable frame features five adjustable height positions
- MESH SIDES: Mesh sides provide a clear view of Baby and help air circulate. Care & Cleaning: Spot or Wipe Clean
- EASY TO CLEAN: Included quilted mattress pad cover is waterproof and machine washable;
- IDEAL SIZE: Assembled dimensions: 31.5Inches L x 19.7Inches W x 25-30 Inches H; Product weight: 22 pounds
- DESIGNED FOR YOUR BABY'S SAFETY: JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM; GREAT BABY SHOWER GIFT: Give the gift of peace of mind, this bassinet provides new parents a safe, separate sleep space for their baby
- 👶 FOOT COVER IS AVAILABLE - It can not only be considered as an ordinary stroller, but also a WARM removal BED for your baby! Equipped with a foot cover, which can prevent pitiless wind in winter to well protect your baby. When summer comes, you can remove the foot cover to keep your baby cool.
- 👶 Solid & Stable Construction - Constructed by durable but light weighted aluminum frame and wearable & breathable Oxford cover which can well-protect your babies from rains or harmful rays. This stroller features solidity and stability.
- 👶 Adjustable Backrest and Handle - You can adjust the back of this stroller to meet your baby's different requirements to lie, sit, or sleep. The comfortable seat with 5-point safety harness and tilt-adjustable sleeping cushion equipped for babies comfortable sleeping. Pushing handle have two-way conversions. You can choose to face your baby at your convenience.
- 👶 Flexible Operation - Lockable wheels adds a sense of safety and flexibility when you go out along with your little baby. You can operate it easily with foot-operated linked parking brakes.
- 👶 Ready To Go - The storage basket underneath is ideal for holding purses, groceries, and diaper bags. Cushioned foam grip handles offer you a soft sense of feeling. The foldable design is perfect for storage and carrying.
- Electronic module features music, vibration and soft nightlight
- Rocking base sways back and forth with a gentle push (make sure retractable wheels are up to enable rocking feature)
- Includes 1" mattress pad with removable and machine washable mattress pad
- Requires four AA batteries (not included)
- JPMA certified to meet or exceed all safety standards set by ASTM
Rosaura is the mom blogger who helps first time pregnant and postpartum moms find the solutions to their everyday problems. From first finding out you’re pregnant to giving birth and baby care, she has you covered.