Explore our curated list of 100+ Unique Boy Names that start with B, each with special meanings, to find the perfect name for your little one.
Ah, the letter B – bold, buoyant, and brimming with possibilities! When it comes to unique boy names that start with B, we’ve left no stone unturned. After scouring the internet for countless hours, diving deep into dozens of websites, and sifting through a sea of names, we’ve emerged with a treasure trove of options.
In this journey of over 100 names, we’ll navigate through the significance of each one, helping you find that perfect ‘B’ name for your budding superstar. Because naming your child isn’t just a task, it’s an adventure – and we’re thrilled to be your guide.
Table of Contents
3-Letter or Shorter Boy Names that start with B
- Bo – Derived from the Old Norse byname Búi, which means ‘to live’. Bo Derek, the American actress, is a famous name bearer.
- Ben – A Hebrew name meaning ‘son of’. Benjamin Franklin, one of the Founding Fathers of the United States, was commonly called Ben.
- Baz – An English nickname often used for names like Basil or Sebastian. Baz Luhrmann, the acclaimed Australian movie director, comes to mind.
- Bez – A unique name of Hebrew origin meaning ‘strong’. Bez Berry, the English dancer and maraca player for the band Happy Mondays, is a notable figure with this name.
- Bib – A rare name of unknown origin. While there’s no famous Bib, your little one could certainly make a name for this name!
- Bud – An English name often used as a nickname for ‘Buddy’ or ‘Brother’. Bud Abbott, the American comedian and actor, is a well-known name bearer.
- Buz – A Biblical name of Hebrew origin. Buz was the second son of Nahor, Abraham’s brother.
- Bay – An English name meaning ‘berry clearing’. Bay Miry, an influential real estate developer in Sacramento, carries this name.
- Bex – A unique name of English origin. It’s often a nickname for those named Rebecca, but it could stand as a unique boys’ name!
- Bar – A Hebrew name meaning ‘son of encouragement’. A distinctive and rare choice.
4-Letter Names Starting with B
- Beck – This English name, meaning ‘brook or stream’, is also associated with the famous musician Beck Hansen.
- Brad – Derived from the Old English ‘brad’, meaning ‘broad’. Brad Pitt, anyone?
- Bram – Of Dutch origin, it means ‘father of multitudes’. Bram Stoker, the author of “Dracula”, is a memorable namesake.
- Bert – A German name, meaning ‘bright’. Bert from Sesame Street is a lovable character known by many.
- Boyd – This Scottish name means ‘yellow, fair’. Boyd Holbrook is a known American actor and fashion model.
- Buck – An English name meaning ‘deer’. Buck Rogers, the classic comic strip character, is a notable name bearer.
- Bode – From Old English, it means ‘messenger’. Bode Miller, the Olympic skier, is a recognizable figure.
- Bolt – An English name meaning ‘metal bar’. Usain Bolt, the fastest man in the world, shares this name.
- Bane – A Serbian name meaning ‘long-awaited child’. Bane is also a well-known character from the Batman universe.
- Blue – An English name often associated with the color. Blue Ivy, the daughter of Beyoncé and Jay-Z, has made this name popular.
- Bank – A unique English name. While there’s no famous Bank yet, your child could certainly be the first!
- Barr – A Gaelic name meaning ‘fair-haired’. Barr could also remind some of Attorney General William Barr.
- Brix – A rare name of English origin, meaning ‘stone, bridge’. Brix Smith is an American singer and guitarist.
- Blip – A truly unique name of English origin. No famous Blips yet, but who knows what the future holds?
- Brig – A unique name of Irish origin, meaning ‘high, mighty’.
- Bolt – Besides being a synonym for fast, Bolt is also the name of a popular animated Disney character.
- Bish – A unique name of English origin. It could be a short form of Bishop, a name that’s gaining popularity.
- Bond – An English name meaning ‘peasant farmer’. But who could forget the connection to the suave secret agent, James Bond?
- Buck – This name of Old English origin means ‘male deer’. Buck Brannaman, the American horse trainer, is a famous bearer of this name.
- Bank – A unique and modern name. Who wouldn’t want the association with wealth and prosperity?
5-Letter Names Starting with B
- Blake – An Old English name meaning ‘black’. Blake Lively and Blake Shelton are well-known celebrities.
- Bryan – This Irish name means ‘high, noble’. Bryan Cranston, the actor from “Breaking Bad”, carries this name.
- Brent – Of English origin, it means ‘hill’. Brent Spiner, known for his role in “Star Trek”, is a famous bearer.
- Brady – An Irish name meaning ‘spirited’. It’s also associated with Tom Brady, the legendary American football quarterback.
- Basil – From Greek, it means ‘royal, kingly’. Basil Rathbone was a famous actor known for his portrayal of Sherlock Holmes.
- Benny – A Hebrew name meaning ‘son of the right hand’. Benny Goodman, the King of Swing, was a famous musician.
- Boris – Of Bulgarian origin, it means ‘fight, to fight’. Boris Johnson, the British Prime Minister, is a noteworthy name bearer.
- Boone – An English name meaning ‘good’. It’s also the surname of the American pioneer Daniel Boone.
- Baron – A title name of English origin. Baron Davis, former NBA player, is a famous figure.
- Brock – From Old English, it means ‘badger’. Brock Lesnar, a professional wrestler and mixed martial artist, is a well-known name bearer.
- Baker – An occupational English name. Baker Mayfield, the American football quarterback, comes to mind.
- Blaze – An English name meaning ‘flame’. Blaze Foley was a well-known American country music singer-songwriter.
- Birch – An English name from nature. It could remind some of the birch tree, symbolizing new beginnings.
- Brego – A name of Literary origin, from J.R.R. Tolkien’s Middle-Earth legendarium.
- Brick – An English occupational name. Brick Pollitt is a character from the play (and film) “Cat on a Hot Tin Roof”.
- Banks – An English surname used as a first name. Banks Lee, a YouTube personality, is a famous bearer of this name.
- Blyth – An Old English name meaning ‘happy’. Blythe Danner, the American actress, is a notable figure.
- Boris – A Slavic name meaning ‘battle glory’. Boris Karloff, the actor known for his portrayal of Frankenstein’s monster, is a famous bearer.
- Birch – A unique name of English origin. It’s a nature-inspired name referring to the birch tree.
- Baily – A variation of the Old English name Bailey, meaning ‘bailiff’.
Longer Names Starting with B
- Benjamin – A Hebrew name meaning ‘son of the right hand’. Benjamin Franklin, a Founding Father of the United States, was a famous bearer.
- Benedict – From Latin, it means ‘blessed’. Think of the actor Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Beauregard – A French name meaning ‘beautiful gaze’. General P.G.T. Beauregard was a notable figure in the American Civil War.
- Bartholomew – Of Hebrew origin, it means ‘son of Talmai’. Bartholomew Roberts was a famous pirate.
- Balthazar – A Phoenician name meaning ‘Baal protects the King’. It’s also the name of one of the Three Wise Men in the New Testament.
- Bonaventure – A Latin name meaning ‘good fortune’. Bonaventure Kalou, the Ivorian footballer, bears this name.
- Barnabas – A Greek name meaning ‘son of consolation’. Barnabas was an early Christian disciple in Jerusalem.
- Bellerophon – From Greek mythology, Bellerophon was a hero who tamed Pegasus.
- Bellamy – An English name meaning ‘fine friend’. It’s also the surname of Matthew Bellamy, the lead vocalist of the rock band Muse.
- Benedicto – A Spanish name meaning ‘blessed’. Benedicto Kiwanuka, the first Prime Minister of Uganda, was a famous bearer.
- Brilliant – An English word name. While it’s not commonly used as a name, it might fit parents looking for something truly unique!
- Bartholomew – A name of Hebrew origin meaning ‘son of Talmai’. Bartholomew I of Constantinople, the Ecumenical Patriarch, is a notable bearer.
- Benedetto – An Italian name meaning ‘blessed’. Benedetto Croce was a famous Italian philosopher.
- Bacchus – Of Latin origin, Bacchus is the Roman god of wine and revelry.
- Branislav – A Slavic name meaning ‘glorious protector’. Branislav Ivanovic, a Serbian footballer, is a famous bearer.
- Bertoldo – An Italian name meaning ‘bright ruler’.
- Baldassare – The Italian form of Balthazar, meaning ‘Baal protects the King’.
- Baudelio – A Spanish name of uncertain meaning. The Chapel of San Baudelio is a notable place in Spain.
- Belisario – A Spanish name meaning ‘arrow’. Belisario Porras Barahona, three-time President of Panama, bears this name.
- Barnaby – An English name meaning ‘son of consolation’. Barnaby Jones was a popular television detective in the 1970s.
Name Trends and Popularity
When it comes to name trends, a few key elements can be observed. First, there’s a significant move towards names that are unique and have strong meanings. Names that were once considered old-fashioned are making a comeback, as parents seek out names with depth and history.
For instance, in recent years, the name “Benjamin”, a classic biblical name, has consistently ranked high in popularity charts. It’s timeless, easy to pronounce, and carries a beautiful meaning.
On the other hand, the trend for unique and unusual names has led to an increase in popularity for names like “Balthazar” and “Bellerophon” that have a mythological or historical resonance. While these names are much less common, they certainly stand out and offer a distinctive choice.
B names in general have a bold and beautiful sound to them, and can evoke strength and brilliance. They’re versatile, having a nice balance of traditional names like “Brad” and “Bert”, and more unique names like “Bane” or “Bolt”. Whether you prefer shorter or longer names, you’re sure to find a B name that’s a perfect fit.
Choosing a name for your child is a beautiful process as it’s a significant part of their identity. It’s not just a label, but a gift that they’ll carry throughout their life. The letter B offers a wide range of names, from the traditional to the unique, the historical to the modern, the short and sweet to the long and lyrical.
Consider the sound, the meaning, the uniqueness, and the heritage of the name. But remember, the best name for your child is one that speaks to your heart, one that feels right to you. After all, a name is so much more than just a name — it’s a story, an identity, a statement.
So whether you’re drawn to a name like “Brad”, which is short and strong, or something more unique like “Balthazar”, or a long and historical name like “Bartholomew”, remember to choose with love. Because in the end, it’s not just about the name, but the love and thought that went into choosing it. Happy naming!
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are some unique boy names starting with B?
There are many unique boy names that start with B. Some of them include Balthazar, Beauregard, Bellerophon, Bacchus, Bertoldo, Baldassare, and Belisario.
- What are some shorter, 5-letter boy names starting with B?
Some 5-letter boy names starting with B include Blake, Bryan, Brent, Brady, Basil, Benny, Boris, Boone, Baron, and Brock.
- What are the meanings of some unique B boy names?
Balthazar means ‘Baal protects the King’, Beauregard means ‘beautiful gaze’, and Bellerophon is a hero from Greek mythology who tamed Pegasus. Bacchus is the Roman god of wine and revelry, Bertoldo means ‘bright ruler’, and Baldassare is the Italian form of Balthazar. Belisario means ‘arrow’.
- What are some popular boy names starting with B?
Some popular boy names starting with B are Benjamin, Blake, Bryan, Brady, and Brock. Popularity can vary depending on the region and the year.
- What are some long B boy names and their meanings?
Some longer B names include Benjamin (‘son of the right hand’), Bartholomew (‘son of Talmai’), and Bonaventure (‘good fortune’).
- Are there any B boy names from different cultures?
Yes, boy names starting with B can be found in many different cultures. For example, Boris is of Bulgarian origin, Basil is Greek, and Baldassare is Italian.
- How can I choose the right B name for my boy?
Choosing the right name for your boy depends on your personal preference, your cultural and family heritage, the meaning of the name, and how well it goes with the child’s surname.
- Are there any celebrity names that start with B?
Yes, there are many celebrities whose names start with B. This includes actors like Ben Affleck and Benedict Cumberbatch, musicians like Bruno Mars and Bruce Springsteen, and sports stars like Ben Roethlisberger and Brett Favre.
- What are the current trends for boy names starting with B?
Current trends include a mix of traditional and unique names, with an emphasis on strong meanings. Names that have historical or mythological significance are also becoming more popular.
- Can you suggest any unique B boy names inspired by nature?
Yes, Birch is a unique boy name starting with B that is inspired by nature. Other options could be Bayou, Breeze, or Brook.