Have you ever had the bra strap rip off after putting it on? Felt like you need some air for your bust? Realized you are not nursing-ready?
It was my first lesson about the need for a nursing bra. That’s why I started my research to find the best nursing bras for large breasts. I have tried on a dozen and read a ton of articles including stuff from Good Housekeeping Institute Textiles Lab, which puts all sorts of bras to the test on aspects like comfort, fit, protection, etc.
Breastfeeding in the early stage can be quite uncomfortable.
It’s essential to choose a comfortable bra to feel relaxed and supported. If you decide to wear a bra while breastfeeding, then a nursing bra is a must-have product. It’s simply impossible to lift the bar out of the way for the kid to latch on correctly in most non-nursing models.
This list is in no particular order, we tested, tried on, and reviewed many nursing bras and we are bringing you our top results for the best nursing bras for large breasts!
Stay till the end for the buying guide.
9 Best Nursing Bras for Large Breasts: Our Top Picks
1. Best Overall | Kindred Bravely Adjustable Nursing Sports Bras
Kindred Bravely is a great nursing sports bra because it was designed for maximum comfort.
Thanks to those wide shoulder straps for added protection and comfortable fabric. This Kindred Bravely nursing bra’s lining is made entirely of cotton. And this thing makes it both breathable and long-lasting. It’s also not wired to provide you with enough assistance and comfort.
Kindred Bravely feels great with smooth cups to lend your bust support with a natural profile. Meanwhile, it also protects your delicate nipples. It also includes detachable clips for further convenience of use.
The bra is simple to clean, and it can be washed by hand or computer, depending on your preference. It will enhance your sensual curves and ensure that you are still in style.
Note that a sports nursing bra should give you all the support you need while breastfeeding. You should test this moving around and see if it prevents rubbing.
This option is also great: Kindred Bravely Sublime Lace Back Seamless Nursing Bra | Wireless Racerback Maternity Bra
- Breathable for comfort
- Detachable clips for easy access to the nipples during feeding
- Wide shoulder straps for maximum support and less back strain
- Can also match up as a maternity nursing bra
- Low durability
- Not designed as a pumping bra
- Can get a bit warm for people who prefer a cooler climate
- Some find it not as supportive without the underwire for the cup
- Might not work well for a smaller bra size
2. Best Hands-Free = Pump Strap Strapless Pumping Bra with Easy Size-Adjustable Pumping Bra
Pump Strap produces some of the best hands-free pumping bras for busy moms.
Needless to say, if you are working or busy as most moms do, then a hands-free pumping bra is a must. They are designed to work well with breast pumps.
One of the best features is the opening for the breast pump flanges because it allows you to readjust if needed.
I also find it easier to place warm gel pads inside/around your bust.
You can easily pump more and faster thanks to the Pump Strap compression, which puts pressure on milk glands to help with milk flow and increases output on each pump.
On balance, I find Pump Strap to be a great handsfree bra for large breasts. Perfect for those who are always on the go.
Whether you buy from this brand or not, you should definitely consider a hands-free maternity bra.
- Do more with your hands-free
- Saves time (~10-15 minutes) with the pump compression design
- Lots of sizes to choose from as your cup size changes
- Works with most breast pumps
- Made in the USA
- Designed to be supportive but some report that taking it off can take some work as there is a lot of velcros so it fits all different breast sizes
- Some people find there is chemical
- Some people find they wouldn’t completely let go of their hands
The Gratlin is among the best nursing bra that offers full coverage. It is a non-padded bra with no wires, yet provides the support you need. This bra was created by mothers who know the needs of nursing mothers. It promises to have excellent service and a gentle grip.
Yea, Gratlin is a great choice for a seamless nursing bra.
It has breastfeeding clasps, which render feeding more convenient. Furthermore, the antimicrobial finish on the high-quality eco-mélange fabric avoids rashes and infections. It’s an exclusive line made of eco-friendly cotton that’s easy to wear every day.
The bra also features front buckles that keep things easy to breastfeed your child. The microfiber fabric has a sleek and circular finish. It also provides optimum support to the wearer.
- Comes with breastfeeding clasps for easier nursing
- High-quality fabric to avoid infection and rashes
- Front buckles for easy nipple access
- High-coverage bra to protect your breasts
- Not padded, thus lightweight
- No wires to reduce discomfort
- Circular finish for maximum support
- Not for female preferring padded bras
- Breastfeeding online courses
- How to Increase Your Breast Milk Supply
- Lactation Recipes For Fast Results
4. Best Looking = Hofish Women’s Breastfeeding Maternity Bra
If you’re looking for a cheap nursing kit, check out Hofish . The bras are made of a cloth that is 80 percent cotton and 20 percent polyester and is non-padded. As a result, once you wear the bra, you will never have to think about overheating.
As among the best nursing bras, it comes with molded cups that ideally suit the wearer without showing out under fitted tops. They have soft and completely adjustable belts and fully protect the breasts. The straps also feature flexible sliders that make feeding your baby a breeze.
The bras in this collection are non-wired for warmth, much as most nursing bras. The HOFISH Bra comes in a variety of colors and features multiple choices. Using your hands to rinse the bras rather than the washing machine.
- Cotton and polyester materials to prevent overheating
- Lightweight since it’s non-padded
- Molded cups to fully protect your breasts
- Adjustable belts
- Different color options to suit your preference
- The strap could become loose with time
5. Best Fit = Hans Women’s Oh So Light Foam Nursing Bra
The Hans will work wonders for you. This bra is made up of 94 percent cotton and 6% spandex. The hooks on the back allow you to adjust the size according to requirements. The hooks are also simple to put on and take off.
These bras are designed for pregnant women. The triangular shape of the cups creates a powerful side force that lifts your breasts. They also fully conceal, form, and hold the breasts in place
As maternity bras, they also feature 4-inch-wide sidebands. These sidebands also hide the armpit while providing protection. You can feed your child at any time of day and from any location by simply unsnapping the bra with one hand.
The bands are stretchy enough to keep everything in place without squeezing your chest. The bras are heat and moisture immune thanks to the breathable openings in the cups. As a result, regardless of the environmental situation, you will still be happy.
- This nursing bra has adjustable straps to fit your size perfectly
- Triangular cups to lift your breasts and hold them in place
- Stretchy bands to prevent squeezing your chest area
- Breathable openings on the cup to prevent overheating or moisture
- Adjustable hooks on the back that are easy to put on and off
- The sprats are thin
- Breastfeeding online courses
- How to Increase Your Breast Milk Supply
- Lactation Recipes For Fast Results
6. Best Ratings = Motherhood Maternity Nursing Bra for Large Breasts
This brand offers plus-size bras for large breasts, up to 46DDD.
I find this to be a great bra to wear for some light exercise such as a quick walk during pregnancy.
However, I also hear complaints that this sports bra not supportive. So, be sure to wear it and test it a bit before washing.
- Stretches enough to accommodate your size
- Ideal for workouts
- Dropdown cups for easy breastfeeding
- Adjustable straps for perfect fitting
- Full coverage and breast protection
- The nursing bra from Motherhood Maternity has a lot of 5 Star Reviews!
- Soft and wireless for comfort and support
- Straps become loose after multiple wears. (Tips: buy larger straps)
- Hand wash only
A sports bra for nursing is one of the must-haves for your pregnancy & postpartum essentials.
While this bra may not be seamless, it is very smooth. Double-layered so the cup is very accommodating for changes in the breasts throughout pregnancy and postpartum.
After reading lots of reviews plus my own experience, I would say this bra is very comfortable. The modesty panel is great even though it does wearing it on a bit more challenging.
Personally, I find this bra is cute and quite unique in its look.
It is no doubt the best option we nursing moms have in this category.
Some find the cups a bit shallow. The downside of this is the weight of the breasts can push the wires down on the ribcage, which might get sore after a day.
But overall, a great bra for large breasts.
- More options for large breasts (up to K cups)
- Great support from the wider reinforced shoulder straps that hold well
- Great confidence with extra support
- More pricey
- Not really a high impact sports bra
8. Smart and Sexy = WonderMoms Wireless Lace Nursing Bra for Large Breasts
- Easy access with front and top snaps
- Flexible with a free band extender to help get the right fit for a changing body. Largest size up to 42DDD/F
- Feel powerful and beautiful at the same time with the elegant lace
- Design to be comfortable and supportive with no underwire
- Low-cut design is not for everyone
- Some find the edge of this bra uncomfortable
One great thing about this bra is it looks just like a regular bra.
I went with a 40DD based on current measurements during pregnancy. I used to have a really hard time finding bras that fit properly given my breast size and stature. This one is comfortable and doesn’t have a strange shape in the cup.
The underwire could be a bit more comfortable as is usually the case, but it’s not bad.
- One of the most affordable nursing bra
- Crossover design for convenience during feeding or as a maternity bra
- Wide straps to keep the breasts intact and prevent falling over the shoulders
- Great nursing sleep bra for night feeding sessions
- Wire-free sleep bra for medium support and comfort
- Self-adjusting stretch and elastic band for better fitting
- Hook and eye fastening for a fantastic fit
- Amazing and beautiful v-neck style
- Good nursing bra for moms with large breasts
- A bra made of soft material and padding to prevent itchiness or leakage
- Lacks clasps and drop down cups for convenience nursing
Don’t trust everything from a brand you love. You will be better off trying and testing them.
Also, remember our bodies are all different – so you should always trust your own experience.
Now we are clear. So, if I can only pick one bra, I would likely pick the Cake Maternity Zest. It’s just very accommodating and comfortable that I don’t have to keep track of my body changes as much.
Now, back to you. What would you pick?
FAQ / Buying Guide
What is the difference between Nursing Bras vs. Maternity Bras vs. Normal Bras?
A maternity bra is an improved version of a normal bra that’s designed to provide extra support for the growing bust during pregnancy. It may lack much padding as there is minimal milk leakage.
A nursing bra is like a maternity bra, but it’s specifically designed with panels or clasps for easy access to the nipples for breastfeeding. Nursing bras also provide better comfort as they are wire-free.
A normal bra takes various designs to support women’s bust and varies in size. It lacks either clasps or extra support like the nursing and maternity bras
Why pick from the best nursing bras for large busts?
The keyword is comfort or the lack of it you might experience. Below are some examples of discomfort associated with an ill-fitting nursing bra for large bust.
- Rashes on the boobs or aggravated nipples
- Infections such as mastitis or blocked ducts
- Breast swelling and discomfort
- Difficulty in accessing nipples during feeding
- Discomfort caused by straps digging and increased back strain
- Spillage on the top or side of the bra
How do I choose a Good Nursing Bra for Large Breasts?
Here is a list of features to keep in mind as you look for a nursing bra for large bust
- Firm fabrics to provide support, comfort, and stretch.
- Lacks underwire
- Enough padding to prevent leakage
- Easy access to nipples during feeding
- Allows flexibility in size during pregnancy and nursing
- Cups that encapsulate to prevent squishing, to allow lifting and separating the bust
- Adjustable to allow various degrees of intensity exercises.
- Full and proper coverage of the bust
- Wide bra straps for proper weight distribution. No digging in.
- Extra accessories such as bra extender, eye closure, and seamless cup edges
How do I tell if my nursing bra fits or doesn’t fit?
Signs You Have Got the Right Bra
- Beneath the band: The band size should be big enough room for two fingers
- Wing support: Should feel balanced between comfort and fit
- Deep breath test: Expandable with you inhale and exhale
- Cups: Should fit around the bust- not affecting your skin tissue
- Posture: Upright with shoulders slightly backward not forward
- No traces: Nothing should be leaving marks on your body or back
- Leakage: You should not experience leakage below or on top of the breast
- Access to nipple: You don’t struggle to remove the nipple during feeding
How Do I Wash My Nursing Bra?
If you want your nursing bra to last (because let’s face it – they can be expensive) it is best to follow these instructions:
- Hand wash your nursing bra
- Use a gentle soap
- Line Dry
It only takes a few extra minutes off your washing time and you are sure your nursing bra will last throughout that breastfeeding season.
What Size Nursing Bra Should I Get?
This varies depending on brand and person. Most women can expect to go up anywhere from 2-4 band sizes and 3-4 cup sizes when their breast milk comes in.
When Should I Buy A Nursing Bra?
Ideally, you want to buy them after your milk comes in because your breast can easily double in size. Most however buy them when they are still pregnant to avoid not having them once they have a baby.
Can You Wear Nursing Bras While Pregnant?
Yes, you totally can, some of them actually double as plus size maternity bras. The ones without padding are especially comfortable to use while pregnant if your nipples and breast become sore.
Which Ones Are Cheap Plus Size Nursing Bras?
Some of them are a lot less expensive than others. Usually, the brands that have the cheaper nursing bras are:
- Leading Lady
How many nursing bras will I need?
Go for at least 3. So you will always have one while the other is in the wash and one for unexpected mishaps. You want to feel ready. And, you definitely don’t want to have one that is unclean or not dry. So, ensure you always have at least one extra nursing bra.
How to ensure fit when buying online?
Avoid these 6 common mistakes when buying online nursing bra for large bust:
1) Focusing on trendy and fashionable bras: Comfort should be primary when shopping for the best nursing bra for large busts and style should be secondary.
2) Thinking short term: The best nursing bra for large bust should be flexible enough to accommodate your busts as they fluctuate in size. A maternity bra that doubles as a nursing bra is perfect.
3) Forgetting about quality: Enough women shopping for nursing bras for large bust concentrate on things like cup size and fitness and forget to be keen on the fabric quality.
4) Overlooking Extra accessories: The best would be a hands-free pumping bra to keep off fatigue and a pumping bra.
5) Not considering the wardrobe fit and different occasions.
6) Not knowing your bra size.
7) Not being ready for a return. You should always be prepared to go through the return process to make sure you are comfortable with the purchase.
- EXCLUSIVE BUSTY SIZING - Kindred Bravely Busty sizes are designed specifically for women with F cups and above. This busty bra features expanded cup coverage, a tighter knit fabric (stretchy but not too stretchy) for additional support of larger busts, and slightly wider straps for better weight distribution. Sizing note: Our bras are designed to provide a snug, supportive fit. If you are between sizes or prefer a looser fit, we recommend sizing up.
- EASY NURSING ACCESS - One-handed, clip-down cups allow for quick access for nursing or skin-to-skin contact with baby. Plus, this nursing bra’s wide, adjustable straps and hook-back closure ensure a great fit for every body type!
- ULTRA SOFT FABRIC - This wireless, seamless nursing bra features luxuriously soft fabric, removable padding, and stretchy support, all in an underwire-free design. It may just be the most comfortable nursing bra you’ll ever put on.
- NURSING AND MATERNITY MUST-HAVE - This seamless maternity bra is made from comfortable stretch material that will hug your changing body from pregnancy through postpartum and nursing. Comfortable enough to sleep in, this wireless maternity bra also looks great under T-shirts, dresses, and your favorite maternity tops.
- AWARD-WINNING COMFORT AND STYLE - The Simply Sublime Maternity & Nursing Bra is consistently chosen as a must-have for nursing moms, including by these organizations: Parent Tested Parent Approved (PTPA) Award Winner, Mom’s Choice Awards Gold Winner, What to Expect Must Have Nursing Bra Finalist.
- CRISSCROSS FRONT: The seamless design with crisscross front makes the Medela Nursing Bra easy to handle during those nighttime feedings. The racerback style with wide rib band promotes added comfort.
- WICKING PROPERTIES: This nursing bra is infused with an improved fabric blend designed to keep moisture away from the body.
- FOUR-WAY STRETCH FABRIC: For added comfort and flexibility, the Medela Nursing Bra for sleep and breastfeeding is made from four-way stretch fabric that adapts to your changing body.
- EASY TO MAINTAIN: Since breastfeeding can get messy, Medela has made this nursing bra easy to wash. Simply machine wash it cold with like colors for easy clean-up.
- OEKO-TEX CERTIFIED: The Medela nursing bra is made from high-quality materials, including an easy-care Nylon and Spandex blend fabric that is safe from harmful chemicals.
- This seamless bra is a customer favorite for both expecting and new moms. The soft fabric, seamless design, and full coverage provides comfort and support all day long
- The adjustable strap and clip down nursing feature offers comfort and ease for the breastfeeding mother
- Lightly lined full busted, full coverage seamless nursing bra with clip down function. Center front has ribbed stitch which creates slight shirring at bust and bottom band of bra is ribbed. There is a hook and eye closure and removable cups
- Full busted silhouette provides medium support and is ideal for D+ cup sizes
- Please click on our Motherhood Maternity Logo above to shop our brand
- SUPER COMFORTABLE AND SKIN FRIENDLY: Featuring buttery-soft and breathable fabric for ultimate comfort touch to mom and baby, 4-way high stretch provides enough room for your body change during the pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- CONVENIENT NURSING AND BUST SUPPORT: Features one-handed access nursing clasp, adjustable shoulder straps for convenient and easy nursing; removable bra cup inserts, wide side wings and inner nursing slings for enough breast support.
- WORK WITH PUMPING BRA PERFECTLY: Compatible with most of the pumping bras accessories to pump milk easily, hands free pumping.
- SEAMLESS, WIRELESS AND SMOOTH DESIGN: It is comfortable for maternity (pregnancy), postpartum, sleeping, lounging, everyday wear, or any breastfeeding position, experienced by worldwide 6Millions+ breastfeeding moms.
- COME IN PACK OF 3: 3PACK iloveSIA 7023 nursing bras for your convenient use: wear one, wash one and spare one. NO NEED TO BUY MORE BRAS during the whole breastfeeding journey.
- EXCLUSIVE BUSTY SIZING - Kindred Bravely Busty sizes are designed specifically for women with E cups and above. They have expanded fabric in the cups for additional coverage of larger busts, as well as an enclosed elastic band under the bust to keep the bra comfortably in place. Busty sizes also have slightly longer straps to fit comfortably around larger breasts - they’re great if you have a longer torso or taller frame and need extra length.
- AWARD-WINNING COMFORT - The ultra-soft French Terry Racerback Busty Bra is a wire-free nursing bra with no clasps or hooks to mess with. No wonder it’s been named a Mom's Choice Award Winner!
- SIZING NOTE - Our nursing bras are designed to have a snug fit that's true to size. If you're between sizes, or prefer a looser fit, we recommend sizing up.
- IDEAL FOR SLEEP - The French Terry Racerback Busty maternity bra offers gentle support during pregnancy while you sleep. Great for midnight nursing sessions and for keeping breast pads in place.
- A NURSING MOM’S BEST FRIEND - With ultra-soft, stretchy fabric, this nursing sleep bra is designed for fluctuating breast sizes. It makes a great yoga bra too!