I’ve outlined below some of the best online breastfeeding classes out there right now. Each with its own pros and cons and success rates and stories.
Breastfeeding is natural and amazing as the benefits are – does not come naturally to every mom. (it didn’t for me) There is a steep learning curve which is why breastfeeding classes are so amazingly powerful!
If you can’t find a breastfeeding course in your area you can turn to take an online breastfeeding course.
Are you ready to find the breastfeeding course that is perfect for you?
Best Online Breastfeeding Courses Overview
*Note that price may vary due to discounts and other factors
|Milkology||The Ultimate Breastfeeding Class||$27||Best Overall|
|Milkology||The Ultimate Back To Work Pumping Class||$27||For Working Mom|
|Milkology||The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Course||$27||For Full-time Mom|
|New Mom Collective||Getting Ready to Breastfeed||Free||Made by Nurses (RN)|
|New Mom Collective||Simply Breastfeeding From Day One||Free*(Limited time)||Made by Nurses (RN)|
|Lactation Link||Breastfeeding Basics Online Course||$97||Made by RN & Lactation Coach|
|Lactation Link||Breastfeeding Hurdles & How To’s||$97||Made by RN & Lactation Coach|
|Lactation Link||Pumping & Storing Breastmilk||$97||Made by RN & Lactation Coach|
|Baby Manual||THE BABY MANUAL™: BREASTFEEDING|
|Most Affordable (for COVID special time)|
I. Online Courses by Milkology
Milkology is one of our favorite breastfeeding platforms to get expecting mothers educated and ready to breastfeed successfully. They have 3 main courses that we will cover each in depth.
|The Ultimate Breastfeeding Course||$27||~120 mins|
|The Ultimate Back To Work Pumping Class||$27||~60 mins|
|The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Course||$27||~90 mins|
|Pump It Up!||$19||4 + 5 lessons|
|Master Your Milk Supply||$19||~15-30 mins|
Each course is designed with lactating moms in mind to give them the best experience the courses are each priced well below what they should be offered.
#1. The Ultimate Breastfeeding Course
The Ultimate Breastfeeding Course is perfect for expecting first-time moms. It gives you lots of extra bonus items included in the course to help you learn the principles and basics of breastfeeding.
- Comes with a lot of bonus material
- Refer back to when baby is born
- Educates you on how breast milk works
- Tips on how to latch baby on
- Help when you need 24/7 access to class
- Video volume is a little low on some of the videos, best to use headphones
😍 Overview Of Course:
This class is fast-paced, easy and simple to implement in real life. I personally went through this course after I had my baby and was able to increase my breast milk supply and understand how breastfeeding worked.
Length Of Class:
- The course has 13 videos organized in 5 steps
- Total of 90 minutes
- Bonus #1: The Ultimate Trouble Shooting Guide – a PDF explaining common issues that you may come across on your breastfeeding journey.
- Bonus #2: The Ultimate Class Notes – everything mentioned in the 13 video course in a PDF format (for those who prefer to read than video)
- Bonus #3: The Little Black Book Of Breastfeeding Secrets – tips to get over common issues you will face as well as tips to hold, nurse and do things easier while you breastfeed.
When To Take The Ultimate Breastfeeding Class:
If you are expecting you should consider going through each of the modules during your 33rd – 38th week of pregnancy.
That way when the baby is born, it is still fresh in your mind and you can refer back to sections you need help with when the baby is born.
#2. The Ultimate Back To Work Pumping Class
Taking The Ultimate Back To Work Pumping Class can help maintain your breastfeeding habits when you keep pumping at work. Normally a pumping person will see a dip in supply around the 3-month mark (when most US people go back to work after baby).
To avoid this dip, this course was designed to help the working person.
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Fast-Paced Course
- Lifetime Access
- Very short videos
- Low audio
😍 Overview Of Course:
- 13 Video Lessons
- Shows You How To Build A Freezer Stash
- How To Store Your Pumped Breast Milk
- How To Keep Your Supply Up When You Go Back To Work
When Should I Take The Ultimate Back To Work Pumping Class?
I recommend you take it a week or two before you go back to work. Towards the end of your maternity leave. You can easily binge-watch the 13 video lessons. Combined they add up to a 45-minute series.
#3. The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Class
The Ultimate Exclusively Pumping Class is the only course I have seen that is tailored for exclusively pumping moms (that was me with my first). It brings me so much joy that a whole course is dedicated to pumping moms.
- Lifetime access
- Self-paced course
- Easy to follow video lessons
- Helps you keep your supply up when you are pumping
- Videos on how long and how often you need to pump
- Shorter Course
- Doesn’t touch on the subject of DMER or postnatal depression-induced from pumping (but that could be a course all on its own)
😍 Overview Of Exclusively Pumping Class:
- 11 Video Lessons tailored for exclusive pumpers
- Perfect if you can’t find any info on exclusively pumping
- Helps you feel less alone with all the hurdles that exclusively breastfeeding goes through
- Super simple actionable steps and guidance for new moms to follow
Length Of Class:
II. Online Breastfeeding Classes By New Mom Collective (Cindy & Jana)
|Getting Ready to Breastfeed||Free||12 mins|
|Simply Breastfeeding From Day One||Free||100 mins|
Cindy and Jana are two RN nurses who have joined forces to help first-time mothers recover from birth and breastfeed successfully. They have one course that helps moms start breastfeeding right from giving birth.
Let’s dive into the review for their course!
#4. Simply Breastfeeding From Day One
This Simply Breastfeeding From Day One is perfect for pregnant moms or moms with newborns. The instructors are straightforward and give you the information you really need to breastfeed.
- Perfect for pregnant moms who want to learn before baby is born
- Step by step guidance on how to hold baby, latch baby to breast
- Simple and super helpful
- Everything they show you have been backed and linked to from evidence-based research
- Low-cost course
- Videos are dragged on, the nurses talk a bit before getting to the good stuff
😍 Overview Of Course:
- 12 Video Lessons
- Life-time Access
- Techniques to avoid painful breastfeeding
- Secret tips from nurses to help baby easily latch and breastfeed
- Everything to know about milk supply
Length Of Class:
1 hour 40 minutes
III. Online Breastfeeding Classes By Lactation Link
Lactation Link is one of the best online schools that help to breastfeed and expecting mothers truly succeed. Here is a list of the courses they offer and each of their reviews down below.
The instructor Lindsey Shipley is an RN, Childbirth Educator, and IBCLC-certified Lactation Coach who can help you with all 3 of her breastfeeding classes that you can take from home!
|Breastfeeding Basics Online Course||$97||70 mins|
|Breastfeeding Hurdles & How To’s||$97||60 mins|
|Pumping & Storing Breastmilk||$97||45 mins|
|3 VIDEO BUNDLE||$197||175 mins|
#5. Breastfeeding Basics Online Course
Breastfeeding Basics offers expecting mothers a simple way to learn how to breastfeed before baby arrives and how to get help in a community of breastfeeding mothers.
- Fast-paced, won’t waste your time.
- Start breastfeeding the right way.
- Contains so much info that will make a huge difference when you prepare to breastfeed.
- Higher priced course
😍 Overview / What To Expect From This Course:
- 12 Benefits for mom and baby
- Anatomy and Physiology of Breastfeeding
- Breast milk Composition
- Let-Down Reflex
- Kangaroo Mother Care
- Latch – how to do it correctly each and every time
- Hand Expression
- Frequency Feeding
- Nipple Care
- What to do when baby won’t latch
- Hunger Cues
- Support and Planning
Length Of Breastfeeding Class: 70 minutes
With multiple modules that total 70 minutes you’ll be able to go back and forth between modules and re-do or listen to any modules and lessons you may have problems with. All video lessons.
#6. Breastfeeding Hurdles & How To’s
Breastfeeding Hurdles & How To is perfect for moms who have already been breastfeeding and find it a little difficult or need extra help.
- Super simple steps that you can take to make sure that you breastfeed correctly.
- It will go through common mistakes and problems that breastfeeding mothers face
- This course is great if you also take the Breastfeeding Basic’s course, on it’s on it is also fine but you’ll have a better picture and overall knowledge if you take both courses together
😍 Overview Of Breastfeeding Hurdles:
- Gives you tips on how to handle most common breastfeeding mistakes like mastitis, oversupply, and other common problems.
- Tools to keep you breastfeeding even if you encounter any of these hurdles
- How to overcome and breastfeed successfully even after baby starts solids
Length Of Course: 60 minutes
Quickly go through the course and see how much pain and agony you can easily avoid by going through each lesson.
#7. Pumping & Storing Breast Milk
Lactation Link’s Pumping & Storing Breastmilk class is one I highly recommend. It is a great course on a basic thing all breastfeeding and pumping mothers do. That a lot of the time we don’t get help or no one knows how to do it correctly.
This is why this breastfeeding class that you can do at home is so fun and perfect for all breastfeeding and pumping mothers.
- Great for moms who are pumping around the clock and can’t seem to find the info they need online.
- Works for moms returning to work to help establish and keep up their milk supply.
- Helps build up a freezer stash to keep the baby fed while mom is away.
- Very basic course
- High priced compared to the info contained in course
😍 Overview of Pumping & Storing Breast Milk:
This course is perfect for the mom who is exclusively pumping, the mom who is returning to work and wants to continue breastfeeding and the mom who might be away from baby for a while.
Length Of Breastfeeding Class:
IV. Online Breastfeeding Classes By The Baby Manual
They say having a baby doesn’t come with a manual but the parents over at The Baby Manual would disagree. They have two courses meant for the first-time expecting and breastfeeding mother but we will only be looking at one.
|THE BABY MANUAL™: BREASTFEEDING|
|THE BABY MANUAL™: COMPLETE GUIDE||$59.99 – $79.99||n.a.|
#8. The Baby Manual On Breastfeeding
The Baby Manual: On Breastfeeding helps you to latch baby, avoid pain and easily breastfeed from the start.
- Free (as of 2022)
- Covers a number of topics that other courses only slightly touch on
- They interview other mothers who have taken the course
- You get advice from a multitude of certified lactation consultants, nurses
- You only have 6 months of access to all the material in the class
- Once the 6 month period is over – you will need to repurchase it if you want to go back in and watch any of the video lessons
- Looks a bit dated from 2005 with the use of DVD
😍 Overview Of Course:
- Benefits of breastfeeding
- Common Setbacks to expect during your breastfeeding journey
- Proper Latch techniques to try
- Positions to help you breastfeed easier
- Signs of Fullness
- Milk Supply issues and what to expect
- Engorgement and how to fix it
- Nipple Pain & ways to find relief
- Burping baby after feeding
- Manual Expression
- Storing Milk
- Plugged Ducts
- Coffee & Alcohol
- Nursing in Public
Length Of Class: 45 minutes
Why You Should Consider Taking An Online Breastfeeding Class
Don’t Search For ‘Breastfeeding Classes Near Me’
Instead you should be thinking of how those breastfeeding classes can be done in the comfort of your home.
No more wasting time going to lactation consultations or having to be placed on hold and given an appointment months from now.
We know you want breastfeeding help right now, which is why taking these classes online is super helpful.
As expecting mothers or moms with little’s, life is full of tiny time slots where we can do something for ourselves.
Use this time to get educated and practice breastfeeding.
You can take these classes on your time, at home in the comfort of your couch.
Involve your partner, and take them on your own time.
Breastfeeding Education Helps, In The Long Run,
Each breastfeeding class outlined below is tailored and made by nurses, lactation consultants, and certified doulas.
If you are planning to breastfeed till your baby’s first year you are going to need more than your breasts to help you get there.
Educating yourself on how breastfeeding works, tips to get baby to latch better, and really helping your milk supply are just a few things you will learn in these online breastfeeding courses that help you make it to that year’s mark.
Have Breastfeeding Experts At Your Digital Fingertips
Waiting for that call back from an IBLCE to get to your home and help you with a baby can be longer than expected.
It also won’t help to feel frustrated at your breastfeeding journey when you can figure out how to do it on your own.
But that is what happens to a lot of mothers after getting home from the hospital. They aren’t sure how to properly latch baby, when they should feed the baby or if they are holding them in the correct position.
Every course mentioned here has been backed and taught by certified lactation consultants or RN nurses who have helped thousands of mothers breastfeed.
The Power Of Re-Watching And Brushing Up
One of my all-time favorite things from any online breastfeeding course is the fact that if you missed something the first time, or if you forgot something that was mentioned.
You can easily go back and rewatch it, re-learn and put it into practice with baby.
Now that you’ve gone through each amazing course review I know you will find that each online breastfeeding course has its own potential of pros and cons and you can choose the one that is right for you.
With 8 classes topping the best of the online breastfeeding world I know you will be able to breastfeed successfully with some guidance and education along the way.
If you have taken any of the courses mentioned above or plan to take one, let me know in the comments below.
I’d love to cheer you on.
You may also like: