We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 100+ best middle names for Charlotte.
You’ll surely find a great one here!
Charlotte is a great choice for your baby girl. It’s the top 4 girl name in the United States in 2020 according to Social Security Administration.
It’s a great name for many middle names.
Meaning and Origin
The female name Charlotte has its origin in France. It is a diminutive of the name Charlot, a French name derived from the name Charles. It means free man.
It was made popular by England’s Queen Charlotte Sophia, wife to King George III. This name had another notable bearer, Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855), the author of Villette and Jane Eyre.
Charlotte became popular in England and France at the end of the 20th century. Later, it rose to the top ten girl names in the American Charts 2014.
How about in 2021? Baby Center has ranked Charlotte as the sixth most popular baby girl’s name in America this year. So, how about you make your child’s name more pretty with a middle name that pairs well.
Here are 100 CraftMothersFather’s great middle names for Charlotte you can explore for an excellent choice.
We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 100+ best middle names.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Charlotte.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100 Great middle names for Charlotte.
- Middle Names for Charlotte
- Nicknames for Charlotte
- 7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Charlotte
- 7 Ideas to Craft an Ideal Middle Name for Baby Charlotte
- Famous Charlotte and Related Names
- Sibling and Twin Names for Charlotte
134+ Best Middle Names for Charlotte
27 One-Syllable Middle Names for Charlotte
- Charlotte Anne
- Charlotte Dawn
- Charlotte Zoe
- Charlotte Clare (Bright, Famous)
- Charlotte Lark
- Charlotte Bree
- Charlotte Cate (Blessed)
- Charlotte Dove
- Charlotte Quinn
- Charlotte Wren
- Charlotte Rain
- Charlotte Stella
- Charlotte Sage (smart person)
- Charlotte May
- Charlotte Pearl
- Charlotte Rose (Everlasting love)
- Charlotte Blue
- Charlotte Skye
- Charlotte June
- Charlotte Bay
- Charlotte Belle
- Charlotte Eve
- Charlotte True
- Charlotte Muse
- Charlotte Rae (Religious derived from Rachael)
- Charlotte Shae
- Charlotte Dove
43 Two-Syllable Middle Name for Charlotte
- Charlotte Cora
- Charlotte Angela
- Charlotte Ainsley
- Charlotte Alma
- Charlotte Colette
- Charlotte Amy (Beloved)
- Charlotte Elena
- Charlotte Bailey
- Charlotte Callie
- Charlotte Casey
- Charlotte Cody
- Charlotte Elsa
- Charlotte Emma
- Charlotte Garnet (Precious Gem)
- Charlotte Willow
- Charlotte Hailey
- Charlotte Haze
- Charlotte Hazel
- Charlotte Greta (Favor, blessing)
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 437 Best Names For Black Boys With Meaning
- 332 African American Best Names For Black Girls
Middle names articles:
- Charlotte Ivy
- Charlotte Layla
- Charlotte Lenna
- Charlotte Leah
- Charlotte Lillah
- Charlotte Lillian
- Charlotte Lily
- Charlotte Lobelia
- Charlotte Louise
- Charlotte Lucy
- Charlotte Luna
- Charlotte Jane
- Charlotte Katelyn (Pure)
- Charlotte Kenya
- Charlotte Ellie
- Charlotte Nova
- Charlotte Scarlett
- Charlotte Simone
- Charlotte Skylar (Noble scholar)
- Charlotte Louise
- Charlotte Marie
- Charlotte Marie
- Charlotte Mia
- Charlotte Grace
36 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Charlotte
- Charlotte Addison
- Charlotte Adelaide
- Charlotte Elenor
- Charlotte Coralie
- Charlotte Annabelle
- Charlotte Avery
- Charlotte Emerald (Precious gemstone)
- Charlotte Cassandra
- Charlotte Christina
- Charlotte Destiny
- Charlotte Elaine
- Charlotte Evelyn
- Charlotte Everly
- Charlotte Florence
- Charlotte Gabrielle
- Charlotte Nicole
- Charlotte Isabelle
- Charlotte Makayla (Religious)
- Charlotte Juliet
- Charlotte Juniper (Young or Evergreen)
- Charlotte Lavender
- Charlotte Lorelei
- Charlotte Meredith
- Charlotte Marianne
- Charlotte Matilda
- Charlotte Mars
- Charlotte Mackenzie
- Charlotte Miranda
- Charlotte Naomi
- Charlotte Natali
- Charlotte Samantha
- Charlotte Sierra (strong and grounded)
- Charlotte Trinity
- Charlotte Taylor
- Charlotte Astrid
- Charlotte Rebecca
28 Four-Syllable Middle Names for Charlotte
- Charlotte Acacia
- Charlotte Angelica
- Charlotte Alejandra
- Charlotte Alivia
- Charlotte Benicia
- Charlotte Camelia
- Charlotte Xiomara
- Charlotte Donatella
- Charlotte Elizabeth
- Charlotte Emilia
- Charlotte Gregoria
- Charlotte Hermione
- Charlotte Maricela
- Charlotte Ignatia
- Charlotte Olivia
- Charlotte Olympia
- Charlotte Octavia
- Charlotte Fabiola
- Charlotte Leticia
- Charlotte Magnolia
- Charlotte Rafaella
- Charlotte Savannah
- Charlotte Corinthia
- Charlotte Valencia
- Charlotte Valeria
- Charlotte Victoria
- Charlotte Violeta
- Charlotte Theodora
Nicknames for Charlotte
Looking for a perfect nickname for you girl? We have amazing name ideas you can explore
Short Form for Charlotte
Some interesting short nicknames to consider:
Variations for Charlotte
Some interesting variations for the name:
Foreign Spelling for the Name Charlotte
You might want to avoid this ifyou want your kids to focus on the US or UK job market. (For reference see Point 8 in the below Section 7 Reasons to Consider Middles Names for Charlotte)
- Carlota (Spanish & Portuguese)
- Chrlotta (Scandinavian)
- Lolotte (French)
- Lotti (Dutch)
- Karlotta (Greek and German)
- Sarolta (Hungarian)
- Lottchen (German)
- Salote (Tongan)
- Sarlote (Latvian)
11 Ways to Spell Charlotte
Again, stick to the most familiar way of spelling for US or UK job prospect. (For reference see Point 8 in the below Section 7 Reasons to Consider Middles Names for Charlotte.)
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Charlotte
Middle names are optional. We have conducted a little research and found a number of benefits, ranging from completely sentimental to more practical value.
- Special: Adding a middle name for your baby is an easy way to make them even more special, e.g., Charlotte Josephine Hadley becomes C.J. Hadley.
- Traditional: It seems the more modern we get, the more we want to go back to our roots. You can be the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
- Sound: It could make the first name sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
- Memory: You can use a middle name to remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special. It can be a site or a place.
- Aspirational: You use a middle name as someone you want your baby to emulate by telling them stories of a particular Charlotte
- Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- Smart: CNBC reported that people tend to associate the person with middle initials with positive perceptions such as intelligence.
- Jobs: Adding a middle name to sound more familiar to people can increase odds in the job market according to research.
7 Ideas to Craft an Ideal Middle Name for Baby Charlotte
A name is dear to the owner since it serves as an identity for the rest of their life. For instance, when you call your child a name that means victorious or bright they will hold it with high esteem. But when you have weird initials such as ASS, they may feel embarrassed since peers may make fun of them. So, how should you go about this?
1. Pay Homage:
Your personal hero like grandparents or someone inspirational, e.g., Warren Buffet or J.K Rowling can be a great source. Can you envisage telling baby Charlotte about the stories of those people?
2. Remember the Heritage:
Is there a place, a site, a city special to you or baby Charlotte? Or, is there a culture or heritage that you want the baby to remember?
3. Make it Personal:
The middle name for Charlotte only has to make sense to you. It’s a secret, a code within your world. You have more liberty with middle names.
4. Make it About Value or Belief:
What is the one word you want little Charlotte to live by? Believe? Innovate? Adopt? Fight? Then search for names with those meanings.
5. Check the Sounds:
Say the first/middle/last name together a few times to check the sounds. Say the first/middle to hear the sounds. Do the names sound nice? If not, try to find other matches for it.
6. Check the Initials and Acronyms for Charlotte:
Watch out for initials that might become a source of ridicule, e.g., WTF, ASS. On the flip side, it might be cool to have things like BAD or AWE or ARK for your kid. If you are a ballplayer, NBA or NFL might work for you.
Just in case you want a bit more elaboration here, you might want to be mindful of the following. We will leave the judgment to you.
- CLT (Customer Loyalty Team – various companies)
- CMM (Call Me Maybe-song)
CXO (Chief (Something) Officer) – Might be interesting if your last name starts with O. For examples…
- CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer – might be fun; you can interpret CEO in the traditional sense)
- CFO (Chief Financial Officer – money!)
- CTO (Chief Technology Officer; Or, Chief Tea Officer to make it fun)
C can also be Cable networks like the good old CNN not if you are Republican, which you might have a strong feeling towards.
- CNN (Cables News Network)
- CBS (As in the CBS show)
- CVC (CVC Capital Partners – might make sense for capital market people)
- CJD (Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease- Not a good initial)
- CAT (Like a little cat or kitten)
- COD (Call of Duty; a great game dads love)
7. Check the Reputation:
Google the name and see if it is the name associated with horrible news or the adult industry. For example, you might want to avoid having the same first and middle name as a porn star for your baby.
Famous Charlotte and Related Names
- Princess Charlotte – Daughter of Prince William and Catherine of Cambridge
- Charlotte Church – Opera Singer
- Charlotte Arnold – A TV Actress known for her role in teen show Degrassi
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman – Author of “The Yellow Wallpaper” and Civil Rights Leader in the US
- Charlotte Sullivan – Actress who starred in the movie HarrietAward-Winning the Spy
- Charlotte Cooper – English Tennis player an Olympic tennis champion
- Charlotte Forten Grimke- An educator and American anti-slavery activist.
- Charlotte Rae – Emmy Award-Winning Actress famous for her role in “Facts of Life.”
- Charlotte Irene Gaffey – American Rock musician and songwriter.
- Charlotte Parkes – Youtube Star
- Charlotte McKinney – Model
- Charlotte Dujardin – Equestrian
- Charlotte Hawkins – TV show host
Sibling and Twin Names for Charlotte
Here are cute baby names for Charlotte’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Charlotte
- Charles (Alliteration)
- Dorsete (Consonance)
- Carter (Alliteration)
- Elliotte (Consonance)
- Erneste (Consonance)
- Christopher (Alliteration)
- Cooper (Alliteration)
- Calvin (Alliteration)
- Blake (Consonance)
- Claude (Alliteration and consonance)
Baby Sister Names for Charlotte
- Emmeline (Consonance)
- Adeline ( consonance)
- Claire (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Caroline (Alliteration and consonance)
- Catherine (Alliteration and consonance)
- Chloe (Alliteration and consonance)
- Chelsea (Alliteration)
- Charlene (Alliteration and consonance)
- Allie (consonance)
- Chanel (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
The name Charlotte is an excellent choice. You have already nailed the first part for picking a baby name. Now, adding a middle name for Charlotte can create a better balance or special connection.
Middle names can be cool, modern, traditional, inspirational, or memorial. It’s totally up to you. Either way, it makes your world a bit more special. It tells a story, and in some cases, it can even help baby Charlotte get a job.
We have curated a list of 200+ names that work equally well for baby girl Charlotte.
Make sure you have checked the meaning, sound, and reputation of the middle name. Baby Charlotte will thank you for that when she grows up.
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoyed our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
Shane is passionate about researching and comparing interesting baby stuff for his 2.5 y/o girl. He clearly wants to help his wife spend his money wisely. After getting his Master’s in Health Management in London, he worked for a top-tier naming and branding consulting firm based in the US. He helps with the research on this site.