Middle names can be cool, modern, traditional, inspirational, or memorial. It’s totally up to you. Either way, it makes your world a bit more special. It tells a story. In some cases, it can even help baby Aurora get a job.
We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 100+ best middle names for Aurora.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Meaning and Origin
The name Aurora is a remarkable one that means Dawn. Aurora is a typical girls’ name that finds its origin in Latin. Mythologically, Aurora was the Roman goddess of sunrise whose tears turns into morning dew. She would renew herself every morning and fly across the sky to announce the arrival of the sun.
This amazing name has a wide range of meanings that can add spice, royalty, and poise to your baby girl.
Aurora is the 24th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. Aurora is mostly used for girls.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Aurora.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100+ Great middle names for Aurora.
Table of Contents
- 100+ Best Middle Names for Aurora
- 17 Unique French Middle Names for Aurora
- Nicknames for Aurora
- Foreign Spelling of Aurora
- 7 reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Aurora
- 7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Aurora
- Famous Aurora and Related Names
- Sibling and Twin Names for Aurora
- Bringing it All Together
100+ Best Middle Names for Aurora
21 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Aurora
- Aurora Amelia – Of Latin origin meaning industrious.
- Aurora Arianna – Of Welsh origin, it signifies Holiness
- Aurora Alexandra- Cool sounding name meaning “Man’s defender”
- Aurora Ariella – “Lion of God”, signifies bravery and confidence
- Aurora Bernadetta – Of German origin meaning Brave/Strong
- Aurora Carolina – Great sounding name
- Aurora Christiana- “Follower of Christ”
- Aurora Eliana – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has answered”
- Aurora Elizabeth
- Aurora Eleanor – inspired by Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of Former President Franklin D.
- Aurora Floralia – Extra elegance to the name Aurora
- Aurora Genevieve – For classy Aurora
- Aurora Gabriella – “Heroine”
- Aurora Giovanna – “God is gracious”
- Aurora Isabella – “Devoted to God’/Pious
- Aurora Luciana – “light”
- Aurora Natalia
- Aurora Olivia
- Aurora Penelope – character in Homer’s Odyssey; symbol of unweaving love)
- Aurora Seraphina
- Aurora Valentina
You might be interested in:
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 437 Best Names For Black Boys With Meaning
28 One-Syllable Middle Names for Aurora
- Aurora Ash – An alternative to Ashley
- Aurora Ann – “Favoured”
- Aurora Belle – Adds the extra Beauty
- Aurora Beth – A short form of Elizabeth
- Aurora Bay
- Aurora Brynn
- Aurora Clare – “Bright/Famous”
- Aurora Dove – “Peace”
- Aurora Dell – Nature-inspired
- Aurora Eve – “Full of life”
- Aurora Grace – A spiritual option
- Aurora Gwen – A short form for Gwendolyn, blessed
- Aurora June – Great for initials A.J.
- Aurora Jane – Great for initials A.J.
- Aurora Jade – Great for initials A.J.
- Aurora Joy – Great happiness
- Aurora Kace – “Watchful”
- Aurora Kate
- Aurora Love – An option for the lovers
- Aurora Lux- “Bringer of light”
- Aurora Lark – Perfect for a playful and lighthearted Aurora
- Aurora Luna – The light in dark times
- Aurora Paige
- Aurora Pearl – Expresses Aurora as a “Precious” baby
- Aurora Rose
- Aurora Skye
- Aurora Tess
- Aurora Zoe – “Life”
You might be interested in:
39 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Aurora
- Aurora Alice – alternative to Alisson
- Aurora Amber – “Jewel”
- Aurora Amy – “Beloved”
- Aurora Adah – Nature-inspired
- Aurora Arya – inspired by Arya Stark of The Game of Thrones; Noble
- Aurora Ashley
- Aurora Beatrice – “She who makes happy”
- Aurora Bella – Short form for Annabella; Beautiful
- Aurora Bery – “God is protection”
- Aurora Cadie
- Aurora Callie – “Most beautiful”, further confirms Aurora’s beauty
- Aurora Candy – “Bright”
- Aurora Chloe
- Aurora Dora – “A gift from God”
- Aurora Eden
- Aurora Ella
- Aurora Esther – A more spiritual option
- Aurora Evelyn
- Aurora Finley – “Warrior”
- Aurora Hailey – Nature-inspired
- Aurora Hazel
- Aurora Holly
- Aurora Hadley
- Aurora Jacey
- Aurora Jasmine – A flower with a sweet scent
- Aurora Jordyn
- Aurora Lauren
- Aurora Layla – inspired by Eric Clapton’s song
Eric Clapton wrote “Layla” about his forbidden love for the wife of his close friend George Harrison. She eventually became Clapton’s wife.
- Aurora Lucy – “Light’
- Aurora Molly
- Aurora Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Aurora Phoebe – “Bright one”
- Aurora Rachel
- Aurora Roxanne
- Aurora Ruby – “Precious”
- Aurora Summer – inspired by the movie 500 Days of Summer
- Aurora Stella
- Aurora Yvonne
- Aurora Winfrey – Inspired by Oprah Winfrey
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Aurora
- Aurora Ariel – “Lion of God”
- Aurora Addison
- Aurora Belinda – “Beautiful”
- Aurora Brianna – ‘Strong”
- Aurora Dorothy – “Gift of God”
- Aurora Elena – “Bright one”
- Aurora Emily – An industrious person
- Aurora Fiona – “Pure”; “White”
- Aurora Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Aurora
- Aurora Isabelle
- Aurora Louise
- Aurora Jennifer
- Aurora Josephine
- Aurora Kimberly
- Aurora Jessica – A person who has remarkable foresight
- Aurora Melody
- Aurora Naomi – “Delightful”
- Aurora Samantha
- Aurora Valerie
- Aurora Valyrian – inspired by the Valyrian steel in the Game of Throne, which means rare, valuable, and unbreakable
17 Unique French Middle Names for Aurora
Nicknames for Aurora
Foreign Spelling of Aurora
- Aurore (French)
- Avrora (Russian, Ukraine)
- Alba (Italian, Spanish)
- Aure (French)
- Zora (Slavic)
- Orie (Bini)
- Ori (Japanese)
- Ora (Hebrew)
- Eolande (Greek)
- Aurella (Romanian, Polish)
7 reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Aurora
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Aurora
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Aurora
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous Aurora and Related Names
- Aurora Quezon – Former First Lady of Philippines from 1935 to 1944
- Aurora “Rory” Block – A country blues singer and guitarist
- Aurora Karamzin – Finnish-Swedish aristocrat and philanthropist
- Aurora Liljenroth – A Swedish scholar
- Aurora Breton – An Olympic archer from Mexico
- Aurora Clavel – Mexican film and television actress
Sibling and Twin Names for Aurora
Baby Brother Names for Aurora
- Audrey (Alliteration)
- Auburn (Alliteration)
- Dara (Consonance)
- Ashton (Alliteration)
- Alder (Alliteration)
- Aucton (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Aurora
- Amora (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Dora (consonance)
- Nora (Consonance)
- Coral (Consonance)
- Aura (Alliteration and consonance)
- Laura (Consonance)
- Zora (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
Shane is passionate about researching and comparing interesting baby stuff for his 2.5 y/o girl. He clearly wants to help his wife spend his money wisely. After getting his Master’s in Health Management in London, he worked for a top-tier naming and branding consulting firm based in the US. He helps with the research on this site.