We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 100+ best middle names. The first 11 names are unique for those who want something different.
The name Elizabeth is a classic biblical name that means my God is bountiful or my God my oath.
Elizabeth is a typical girl’s name that finds its origin in Hebrew, in the Old Testament of the Bible. It is first used as the name of Aaron’s wife, Israel’s priest, and in the new testament as the mother of John the Baptist who was Jesus’ forerunner.
Elizabeth is the 36th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. It is mostly used for girls
You can make your baby even more special by having a great middle name for Elizabeth.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100 Great middle names for Elizabeth.
- 120+ Best Middle Names for Elizabeth
- Nicknames and Alternative spelling for Elizabeth
- 7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Elizabeth
- 7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Elizabeth
- Famous Elizabeth and Related Names
- Sibling and Twin Names for Elizabeth
By the way, if you haven’t decided on your girls’ name, then these articles might be helpful:
120+ Best Middle Names for Elizabeth
11 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Elizabeth
I think 4-syllable middle names are great. They usually have more meaning than words with fewer syllables and also sound more musical to the ear. Finally, they usually have shorter names which allow greater flexibility in the future.
- Elizabeth Amelia (Sounds good together)
- Elizabeth Ariana
- Elizabeth Arianna
- Elizabeth Caroline
- Elizabeth Elliana (Double E initials)
- Elizabeth Eleanor (Sound good together)
- Elizabeth Gabriella (Both are four-syllable names)
- Elizabeth Isabella
- Elizabeth Serenity (Meaning calmness)
- Elizabeth Valentina
- Elizabeth Victoria
40 One-Syllable Middle Names for Elizabeth
- Elizabeth Anne
- Elizabeth Bea – “she who brings happiness”
- Elizabeth Bekke – “a girl that endures”
- Elizabeth Blue
- Elizabeth Bree – “strength or exalted one”
- Elizabeth Dawn
- Elizabeth Dove
- Elizabeth Eve
- Elizabeth Faye
- Elizabeth Fern – a symbol of eternal youth
- Elizabeth Fleur – “flower”
- Elizabeth Gail – Hebrew word meaning “joy”
- Elizabeth Hope
- Elizabeth Jade
- Elizabeth Jay
- Elizabeth Joy
- Elizabeth June
- Elizabeth Kai – Hawaiian meaning “sea”
- Elizabeth Kate
- Elizabeth Lane
- Elizabeth Lynn
- Elizabeth Lark
- Elizabeth Liv
- Elizabeth May
- Elizabeth Maude – German meaning powerful battler
- Elizabeth Neve – Latin meaning snow
- Elizabeth Paige
- Elizabeth Pearl
- Elizabeth Quinn
- Elizabeth Rain
- Elizabeth Renee
- Elizabeth Rose
- Elizabeth Rue
- Elizabeth Ruth
- Elizabeth Skye
- Elizabeth Snow
- Elizabeth Starr
- Elizabeth Vale
- Elizabeth Wren
- Elizabeth Wynne
64 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Elizabeth
- Elizabeth Adele
- Elizabeth Ava
- Elizabeth Aria
- Elizabeth Autumn
- Elizabeth Aubrey
- Elizabeth Anna
- Elizabeth Brooke
- Elizabeth Bella
- Elizabeth Barbara
- Elizabeth Chloe
- Elizabeth Claire
- Elizabeth Clara
- Elizabeth Clove
- Elizabeth Colette
- Elizabeth Cora
- Elizabeth Daisy
- Elizabeth Ella
- Elizabeth Ellie
- Elizabeth Grace
- Elizabeth Heidi
- Elizabeth Isla
- Elizabeth Ivy
- Elizabeth Julia
- Elizabeth Kayla
- Elizabeth Kaylie
- Elizabeth Kylie
- Elizabeth Hailey
- Elizabeth Hadley
- Elizabeth Khloe
- Elizabeth Hannah
- Elizabeth Harper
- Elizabeth Layla
- Elizabeth Lily
- Elizabeth Lilian
- Elizabeth Lauren
- Elizabeth Lorna – Scottish meaning fox
- Elizabeth Laila
- Elizabeth Leila
- Elizabeth Lila
- Elizabeth Londyn
- Elizabeth Lola
- Elizabeth Lena
- Elizabeth Laura
- Elizabeth Lexi
- Elizabeth Laurel
- Elizabeth Leslie
- Elizabeth Maeve
- Elizabeth Marlee
- Elizabeth Mara
- Elizabeth Marie
- Elizabeth Noelle
- Elizabeth Nola
- Elizabeth Oaklyn
- Elizabeth Penny
- Elizabeth Peyton
- Elizabeth Raquel
- Elizabeth Romy
- Elizabeth Ruby
- Elizabeth Sarah
- Elizabeth Simone
- Elizabeth Sloane
- Elizabeth Sylvie
- Elizabeth Yasmine
- Elizabeth Zoe
19 Three-Syllable Middle Name for Elizabeth
Names with three syllables usually carry a little more music to the ears. Good choices as well.
- Elizabeth Annabella
- Elizabeth Allesandra
- Elizabeth Angeline
- Elizabeth Alexandra
- Elizabeth Antonella
- Elizabeth Aurelia
- Elizabeth Constance
- Elizabeth Frances
- Elizabeth Rosalie
- Elizabeth Caroline
- Elizabeth Giuliana
- Elizabeth Liliana
- Elizabeth Magdalena
- Elizabeth Marianna
- Elizabeth Octavia
- Elizabeth Tatianna
- Elizabeth Veronica
- Elizabeth Viviana
- Elizabeth Virginia
Nicknames and Alternative spelling for Elizabeth
11 Short Forms for Elizabeth
14 Foreign Spelling of Elizabeth
- Alžběta (Czech Republic)
- Alžbeta (Slovak)
- Ealisaid (Manx)
- Elesabeth (English)
- Elesbed (Breton)
- Elizabete (Portuguese)
- Eliisabet (Estonian)
- Elisa (Turkish)
- Elisabet (Finnish)
- Elísabet (Icelandic)
- Elisabeta (Romanian)
- Elisabete (Portuguese)
- Élisabeth (French)
- Elisabetta (Italian)
20 Variations of the Name Elizabeth
11 Ways to Spell the Name Elizabeth
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Elizabeth
Middle names are optional. However, our research found a number of benefits, ranging from completely sentimental to more practical value.
- Special: Adding a middle name for your baby is an easy way to make them even more special, e.g Elizabeth Ruth Herbert becomes E.R Herbert.
- Traditional: It seems the more modern we get, the more we want to go back to our roots. You can be the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
- Sound: It could make the first name sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
- Memory: You can use a middle name to remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special. It can be a site or a place.
- Aspirational: You use a middle name as someone you want your baby to emulate by telling them stories of a particular Elizabeth.
- Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- Smart: CNBC reported that people tend to associate the person with middle initials with positive perceptions such as intelligence.
- Jobs: Adding a middle name to sound more familiar to people can increase odds in the job market according to research.
7 Ideas to Pick Middle Names for Elizabeth
1. Pay homage:
Your personal hero like grandparents or someone inspirational, e.g., Warren Buffet or J.K Rowling can be a great source.
2. Remember the heritage:
Is there a place, a site, a city special to you or baby Elizabeth? Or, is there a culture or heritage that you want the baby to remember?
3. Make it personal:
The middle name for Elizabeth only has to make sense to you. It’s a secret, a code within your world. You have more liberty with middle names.
4. Make it about value or belief:
What is the one word you want little Elizabeth to live by? Believe? Innovate? Adopt? Fight? Then search for names with those meaning
5. Check the sounds:
Say the first/middle/last name together a few times to check the sounds. Say the first/middle to hear the sounds.
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Elizabeth:
Watch out for initials that might become a source of ridicule, e.g., WTF, ASS. However, few names, if any, are absolutely terrible. It all depends on your context and stories.
Below are just a few acronyms with the same initial as Elizabeth.
- EAT (Could work if you like food)
- EDA (European Defence Agency)
- EGO (Maybe not the best for your kid)
- EKE (Can be an interesting reminder for hustle)
- ETA (Expected Time of Arrival)
- EVA (Sounds cool and might be a nickname too)
- EVE (Great if your girl was delivered in the evening)
7. Check the reputation:
Google the name and see if it is the name associated with horrible news or the adult industry. For example, you might want to avoid having the same first and middle name as a porn star for your baby.
Famous Elizabeth and Related Names
- Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor – Queen of the UK
- Elizabeth Taylor – famous actress starred in Cleopatra and Butterfield
- Elizabeth Gilbert – renowned author of ‘Eat, Pray, and Love’
- Elizabeth Smart – American child safety activist
- Elizabeth Olsen – a talented movie actress
- Elizabeth Stuart – former Queen of Bohemia
- Elizabeth ‘Betsy’ Ross – maker of the first American flag
- Elizabeth Gillies – talented movie and TV actress
- Elizabeth Helen Blackburn – Australian-American scholar and former president of the Salk Institute of Biological Studies
Sibling and Twin Names for Elizabeth
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Elizabeth’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Elizabeth
- Elizabeth and Eli (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Elias (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Artworth (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Aramith (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Seth (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Berth (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Ernest (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Evan (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Eric (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Elizabeth
- Elizabeth and Emma (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Edith (Alliteration and consonance)
- Elizabeth and Aneth (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Ella (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Asenath (Consonance)
- Elizabeth and Ellena (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Eva (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Eleanor (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Emilia (Alliteration)
- Elizabeth and Annabella (four-syllable)
- Elizabeth and Alexandra (four-syllable; check our article for this name)
Bringing it All Together
The name Elizabeth is a great choice. You have already nailed the first part for picking a baby name. Now, adding a middle name for Elizabeth can be a great way to make your baby special.
Middle names can be cool, modern, traditional, inspirational, or memorial. It’s totally up to you. Either way, it makes your world a bit more special. It tells a story. In some cases, it can even help baby Elizabeth get a job.
We have curated a list of 150+ names that work well for baby girl Elizabeth.
Make sure you have checked the meaning, sound, and reputation of the middle name. Baby Elizabeth will thank you for that.
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
Shane has a daughter. For selfish reasons, he is passionate about researching to find out best for baby-related products. After studying International Health Management for his Master’s degree at Imperial College, he developed a deep interest in health. Previously, he has worked at Prophet, an award-winning consulting firm known their branding work for the likes of AbbVie, Electrolux, Marriott, Samsung, Cosmopolitan.