We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 100+ best middle names for Olivia.
You’ll surely find a great one here!
Looking for middle name ideas that go well with Olivia? You have done a great job choosing Olivia as your baby’s first name.
Meaning of the Name Olivia
Olivia is generally derived from the Latin word “Oliva,” meaning olive or olive tree. Moreover, it is a feminine form of Oliver.
Records of the name Olivia show to be in use since the 13th-century in England. Its initial popularity is attributed to William Shakespeare’s play, ‘Twelfth Night.’ In ancient Greece, Olivia’s name symbolized peace and fertility, and Olive wreaths were awarded at the Olympic games.
Olivia is America’s most popular baby girl’s name in 2021, according to Baby Center. You can make your newborn baby more special by considering these great middle names for Olivia.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100 Great middle names for Olivia.
A Quick Tip:
Olivia is a very feminine name with a soft tone. You may be interested in a short name with one or two syllables. If you are looking for a very feminine or frilly name, a three or four-syllable name will fit you.
Either you can continue this trend or go with a gentle and soft middle name, or Olivia would also balance out a strong name with a strong tone. I hope this will give you a lot of ideas for middle name combinations.
- 153 Elegant Middle Names for Olivia
- 35 French Middle Names
- Nicknames for Olivia
- 13 Ways to Spell the Name Olivia
- 7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Olivia
- 7 Ideas to Choose The Perfect Middle Name for Olivia
- Famous Olivia and Related Names
- Sibling and Twin Names for Olivia
153 Elegant Middle Names for Olivia
26 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Olivia
- Olivia Aurelia (The Golden one)
- Olivia Ophelia
- Olivia Amelia
- Olivia Adrianna
- Olivia Alesandra
- Olivia Amariah
- Olivia Anastacia (resurrection)
- Olivia Annabella
- Olivia Angelina
- Olivia Arabella (Yielding to prayer)
- Olivia Antonia
- Olivia Annabella
- Olivia Belladonna
- Olivia Catalina
- Olivia Celestine
- Olivia Elizabeth (pledged to God)
- Olivia Emmanuella
- Olivia Fabiola
- Olivia Fiorella
- Olivia Gabriella (God is my Strength)
- Olivia Giovanna
- Olivia Henrietta
- Olivia Isabella
- Olivia Juliana
- Olivia Penelope
- Olivia Victoria (meaning victory)
32 One-Syllable Middle Names for Olivia
- Olivia Jean
- Olivia June
- Olivia Anne
- Olivia Wren
- Olivia Faye
- Olivia Jade
- Olivia Paige
- Olivia Kate
- Olivia Jane
- Olivia Rose
- Olivia Pearl
- Olivia Hope
- Olivia Bekke
- Olivia Blue
- Olivia Eve
- Olivia Joy
- Olivia Jai
- Olivia Lane
- Olivia Lyne
- Olivia Lark
- Olivia Love
- Olivia May
- Olivia Mae
- Olivia Reese
- Olivia Neve
- Olivia Snow
- Olivia Star
- Olivia Quinn
- Olivia Rae
- Olivia Skye
- Olivia Vale
- Olivia Tess
18 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Olivia
- Olivia Anna
- Olivia Noelle
- Olivia Brooke
- Olivia Minka
- Olivia Grace
- Olivia Iris
- Olivia Elowyn
- Olivia Helen
- Olivia Quinn
- Olivia Louise
- Olivia Frances
- Olivia Zuriel
- Olivia Blake
- Olivia Alice
- Olivia Emily
- Olivia Faith
- Olivia Bryn
- Olivia Eden
- Olivia Claire
20+ Three-Syllable Middle Names for Olivia
- Olivia Janette
- Olivia Kathleen
- Olivia Catherine
- Olivia Elizabeth
- Olivia Isabelle
- Olivia Jacqueline
- Olivia Josephine
- Olivia Felicity (Meaning happy or good Fortune)
- Olivia Feodora
- Olivia Florence
- Olivia Margaret
- Olivia Christine
- Olivia Juniper
- Olivia Alexis
- Olivia Lydia
- Olivia Allison
- Olivia Madison
- Olivia Amanda
- Olivia Mckenna
- Olivia Andrea
- Olivia Melanie
- Olivia Brianna
- Olivia Milani
- Olivia Camilla
- Olivia Naomi
- Olivia Natalie
- Olivia Rebecca
- Olivia Maricela
- Olivia Ignatia
- Olivia Olympia
- Olivia Octavia
- Olivia Fabiola
- Olivia Leticia
- Olivia Magnolia
- Olivia Rafaella
- Olivia Savannah
- Olivia Corinthia
- Olivia Valencia
- Olivia Valeria
- Olivia Victoria
- Olivia Violeta
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 437 Best Names For Black Boys With Meaning
- 332 African American Best Names For Black Girls
Middle names articles:
- 120+ Great Middle Names For Elizabeth
- 100 Great Middle Names For Alexander (Alex/Alexandria)
- 134 Lovely Middle Names for Charlotte
35 French Middle Names for Olivia
1. Olivia Marie
2. Olivia Camille
3. Olivia Léa
4. Olivia Manon
5. Olivia Chloé
6. Olivia Laura
7. Olivia Julie
8. Olivia Sarah
9. Olivia Pauline
10. Olivia Mathilde
11. Olivia Marine
12. Olivia Emma
13. Olivia Marion
14. Olivia Lucie
15. Olivia Anaïs
16. Olivia Océane
17. Olivia Justine
18. Olivia Morgane
19. Olivia Clara
20. Olivia Charlotte
21. Olivia Juliette
22. Olivia Emilie
23. Olivia Lisa
24. Olivia Mélanie
25. Olivia Thomas
26. Olivia Nicolas
27. Olivia Julien
28. Olivia QUENTIN
29. Olivia Maxime
30. Olivia Alexandre
31. Olivia Antoine
32. Olivia Kevin
33. Olivia Clement
34. Olivia Romain
35. Olivia Pierre
Nicknames for Olivia
Short Forms for Olivia
Variations of Olivia
Foreign Spelling for the Name Olivia
You might want to avoid this if you want your kids to focus on the US or UK job market. (For reference see Point 8 in the below Section 7 Reasons to Consider Middles Names for Olivia.)
- Olivie (French)
- Olivera (Croatian)
- Olivette (Literal French)
13 Ways to Spell the Name Olivia
Again, stick to the most familiar way of spelling for US or UK job prospect. (For reference see Point 8 in the below Section 7 Reasons to Consider Middles Names for Olivia.)
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Olivia
Middle names are optional. We have done a little research and learned a number of benefits, ranging from completely sentimental to more practical value.
- Special: Adding a perfect middle name for your baby is a simple way to make them even more special, e.g, Olivia Josephine Hadley becomes O.J. Hadley.
- Traditional: If the more modern we get, the more we want to go back to our roots. You can be the 1st to name your daughter or son a middle name.
- Sound: It could make the first name that sounds more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
- Memory: You can use middle names for Olivia to remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special. It can be a place or a site.
- Aspirational: You use a middle name as someone you want your baby to emulate by telling them stories of a particular Olivia.
- Noble: The middle name concept probably began with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- Smart: CNBC reported that people tend to associate the person with middle initials with positive perceptions such as intelligence.
- Jobs: Adding a middle name to sound more familiar to people can increase chances in the job market according to research.
7 Ideas to Choose The Perfect Middle Name for Olivia
The best middle name for Olivia is the one that sounds well with first and last names. For example, choose the middle names you like for Olivia from the list below and write them down. Try saying the names out loud with Olivia at the beginning. If any name sounds weird, odd, and hard, remove it from Olivia. Check the initials of the remaining names & see the ones that combine and sound well, i.e, Olivia Jean. check out the names that don’t spell ridiculous.
1. Pay Homage
Your personal hero like grandparents, relatives, or someone inspirational, e.g., Warren Buffet or Jeff Bezos can be a great source. Can you envisage telling baby Olivia about the stories of those people?
2. Remember the Heritage
Is there a site, a place, or a city that is special to you or baby Olivia? Or is there a heritage or a culture that is associated with you or you want the baby to remember?
3. Make it Personal
The aim of the middle name for Olivia is to make sense for you. It is a secret, a code within your world. You have more liberty to choose the middle names.
4. Make it About Value or Belief
What’s the one word you need little Olivia to live or call by? Innovative? Fight? Adopt? Believe? Then do research for names with those meanings.
5. Check the Sounds
Your baby’s name should sound well. Say the first/middle/last name together a few times to check how it sounds. Say the first/middle/last name again to hear the sounds.
6. Check the Initials and Acronyms for Olivia
Check out for initials that may become a source of ridicule, e.g., ASS, WTF. On the other hand, it may be cool to have things like AWE, BAD, or ARK for your baby. If you are a baseball player, the NFL or NBA might work for you.
If you want a bit more elaboration here, you might want to be mindful of the following. We’ll leave judgment on you about what you choose.
- ONS (One-Night Stand; Not a good choice)
- OTM (Over The Moon – For people who want to see their baby happy, would be recommended)
- OTB (On The Button)
- OEP (Over-Egg the Pudding)
- OFF (Only for Fun – Great Initials maybe)
- ODD (Oddly this makes an interesting middle name)
- OBS (Observation in the medical field)
- OMG (Oh my God! An interesting one)
- OBE (Officer of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire)
7. Check the Reputation
Google the name and check if it is the name associated with the adult industry or horrible news. For example, you might want to avoid having the same first and middle name as a porn star for your baby.
Famous Olivia and Related Names
- Olivia Newton-John – Pop Singer
- Olivia Wilde – American actress & model
- Olivia Culpo – 2012 Miss USA and 2012 Miss Universe winner
- Olivia Stuck – Disney Star Actress
- Olivia Bentley – Reality Tv Star from Made In Chelsea Show
- Olivia Rodrigo – Disney Star Actress
- Olivia Munn – Actress, Model, and pinup girl
- Olivia Haigh Williams – English Actress
- Olivia Pierson – Featured on E! Network reality show WAGS
- Olivia Jade – YouTube Star
- Olivia Morgan – An actress, known for Assassin’s Creed IV
- Olivia Rogowska – Australian professional tennis player
Sibling and Twin Names for Olivia
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Olivia’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Olivia
After Olivia, do you have a baby boy and are looking for boy names that go well with Olivia? Find some of them below
- Owen (Alliteration)
- Oliver ( Alliteration; almost similar)
- Adria (Consonance)
- Adalia (Consonance)
- Osman (Alliteration)
- Amania (Consonance)
- Acacia (Consonance)
- Orin (Alliteration)
- Obed (Alliteration)
- Onesmus (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Olivia
- Octavia (Alliteration and consonance)
- Bella (Consonance)
- Oreen (Alliteration)
- Octaviana (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Alexandria (Consonance)
- Alma (Consonance)
- Olva (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
The name Olivia is a great choice for your girl. You’ve already chosen the first name for your baby. Now, adding a good middle name to your baby girl can make a better balance or special connection.
Middle names are modern, traditional, memorial, cool, or inspirational. Now, it is up to you how you choose a middle name that sounds cool with Olivia. It makes your world a bit more special. Moreover, in some cases, it can even help your baby Olivia to find a job.
CraftyMotherFather has curated a list of 100+ adorable middle names for Olivia.
Before deciding on a middle name, make sure you have checked the sound, meaning, and reputation of the middle name. Baby Olivia will pay thanks in the future for that.
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Let us know which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
Shane is passionate about researching and comparing interesting baby stuff for his 2.5 y/o girl. He clearly wants to help his wife spend his money wisely. After getting his Master’s in Health Management in London, he worked for a top-tier naming and branding consulting firm based in the US. He helps with the research on this site.