Are you expecting a baby boy or just looking for some amazing Mexican boy names? Look no further!
Here is a list of over 120 popular Mexican boy names that are rich in tradition and culture. From classic names like Gabriel and José to modern favorites like Samuel and Luis, this list has something for every taste.
These names are not only beautiful but also carry a rich heritage and meaningful origins.
Whether you’re looking for a name that honors your Mexican heritage or simply love the country’s culture, this list has something for you. Browse through and find the perfect name for your little angel!
Names are categorized into the themes below:
- Popular Mexican boy names
- Mythological Mexican boy names
- Powerful Mexican boy names
- Nature-Inspired Mexican boy names
- Exotic Mexican boy names
31 Popular Mexican Boy Names
Are you looking for famous Mexican baby boy names? Check out these Mexican names, which have been hitting the trends and rising in popularity in recent times.
One-Syllable Popular Mexican Boy Names
- Ángel – messenger. This popular Mexican baby boys’ name refers to the heavenly beings from the Bible.
- José – may God add to. A classic Latin American name, José relates to the name Joseph, which has popular variations in several other European languages.
- Gael – joyful. Gael García Bernal is a Mexican actor and producer.
- César – hairy. César Millan, better known as the Dog Whisperer, is a TV broadcaster, author, and dog training specialist whose books and TV broadcasts are well-known in more than 80 countries.
- Juan – merciful. This simple and classic name is a strong and traditional one. It’s a form of the English name John. Examples include Juan Carlos and Juan Miguel.
- Andrés – manly. Andrés Guardado is the current Captain of Mexico’s international soccer team.
Two-Syllable Popular Mexican Boy Names
- Daniel – God is my judge. It’s a strong and classic name that’s not only the most common Mexican boy name, but also a popular name in a variety of other regions and cultures. It’s commonly pronounced dah-nyehl in Mexico.
- Héctor – to hold. Héctor Herrera is a Mexican footballer.
- Joseph – he will add. A common boy name derived from Saint Joseph, the husband of Jesus’ mother, Mary.
- Julio – jove’s child. Julio Cesar Chavez is a Mexican former boxer who won several world championships in three different weight divisions.
- Rico – brave ruler. Actor Rico Rodriguez from Mexico is the inspiration behind this name.
- Marco – warlike. Marco Antonio Solís Sosa is a Mexican musician, singer, composer, and record producer.
- Carlos – valiant. Carlos Santana is a Mexico-born American musician.
- Tadeo – heart. Tadeo is the Spanish form of Thaddeus, which is from the Aramaic name Thaddai.
- Damián – master. Damián Alcázar is a famous Mexican actor.
- Mateo – gift of Yahweh. Mateo, pronounced mah-TEH-oh, is the Spanish name of Matthew. It has stood the test of time as a Mexican boys’ name and remains a popular choice throughout the country. It became popular in the United States during the 2010s.
- David – beloved. Another common name in Mexico is David, which is pronounced DAH-beed in numerous Latin American countries. It’s a traditional name with Hebrew roots.
- Gabriel – God is my strength. The name is commonly pronounced gah-BRYEHL while rolling the R in Latin American countries.
- Diego – supplanter. Many believe this popular Mexican baby name is simply a shortened version of Santiago.
Three-Syllable Popular Mexican Boy Names
- Santiago – supplanter. You can pronounce it sahn-TYAH-goh.
- Eduardo – rich guardian. Eduardo Kac is a multidisciplinary artist whose works blend art, biotechnology, and ethical quandaries. In one work, Kac employed molecular biology to add jellyfish DNA to a rabbit, resulting in an animal that glows green under blue light.
- Canelo – red hair. Inspired by Canelo Álvarez.
- Mauricio – dark-skinned. Mexican painter and sculptor Mauricio Galguera says he prefers to create works in series, which allows him to explore his ideas in greater depth.
- Enrique – home ruler. Enrique Olvera is a Mexican chef.
- Rodrigo – famous ruler. Rodrigo Puebla is a Mexican actor.
- Eugenio – well born. Inspired by Eugenio Derbez.
- Alberto – noble and bright. The ring name of WWE wrestler José Alberto Rodrguez Chucuan is Alberto Del Rio. Rodrguez, the first Mexican-born WWE Champion, is the only wrestler to have won the WWE, (WWE) World Heavyweight, CMLL World Heavyweight Champion, GFW Global, AAA Mega, and Impact World titles.
- Guillermo – strong-willed warrior. Guillermo del Toro is a Mexican filmmaker.This one’s perfect for older brothers. As the Spanish version of the English name William, this means “resolute protector”.
- Fernando – brave journey. Fernando González Roa, a politician, ambassador, and lawyer, backed Victoriano Huerta, who took power during the 1913 coup d’état. However, because he was close friends with Venustiano Carranza and lvaro Obregón, his career rebounded.
- Camilo – helper to the priest. Camilo Lara is a famous Mexican musician.
Four-Syllable Popular Mexican Boy Names
- Alejandro – defender of man. The video for Lady GaGa’s 2010 single “Alejandro” sparked outrage due to its usage of religious imagery. However, this did not prevent it from hitting the top of Mexico’s Monitor Latino chart.
18 Mythological Mexican Boy Names
Why not choose a name for your child that is derived from mythology, which has historically impacted music, drama, and literature?
Check out the names inspired by Mexican myths and folktales.
One-Syllable Mythological Mexican Boy Names
- Xoc – gold. It was a name often given to boys who were born during a time of prosperity or abundance.
- Tlo – earth. It was a name often given to boys who were believed to have a strong connection to nature and the natural world.
- Mex – greatest. Short for Mexitli, the Aztec god of war and the patron of the Mexica tribe.
- Caz – eagle. Name of boys who were believed to possess the strength and courage of the eagle.
- Tec – jaguar. One who possesses the power and ferocity of the jaguar.
- Dax – day. Your child will bring light and positivity to those around him.
- Giz – fire
- Huiz – flower
- Izt – star
- Kiz – lightning. One who was believed to possess great energy and power.
Two-Syllable Mythological Mexican Boy Names
- Griffin – lord. It is derived from the phrase hooked nose. A griffin is a powerful beast having the head of an eagle and the body of a lion in Greek mythology.
- Perseus – destroyer. Greek word. He was a famous Greek hero and the founder of Mycenae.
- Notus – The god of the south wind.
- Linus – Flaxen or blind hair.
- Nereus – Water. Nereus is known as the father of all the sea nymphs.
- Eros – desire. Eros is the god of love, affection, and beauty. This character is more popularly known in Roman mythology as Cupid.
- Caleus – heavens. Latin word. Caleus is the Roman equal to Uranus, the original male Greek deity.
- Aella – Whirlwind. Aella was an Amazon warrior killed by Theseus.
Three-Syllable Mythological Mexican Boy Names
- Patroclus – Greek. The glory of the father. Patroclus was one of the heroes who fought against the Trojans.
29 Powerful Mexican Boy Names
Mexican culture is rich with tradition and mythology, and this is reflected in the names given to Mexican boys. Many of these names have powerful meanings, drawing inspiration from gods, animals, and natural elements.
These names are not only powerful, but they also hold deep cultural significance. They are a symbol of heritage, strength, and identity. Here are some examples of powerful Mexican boy names that embody the spirit and culture of Mexico.
One-Syllable Powerful Mexican Boy Names
- Cruz – cross. A symbol of faith and strength.
- Diego – supplanter. A strong and determined name.
- Felix – happy. A positive and optimistic name.
- Jose – God will add. A strong and traditional name with a deep religious significance.
- Luis – famous warrior. A strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of strength and bravery.
- Ramon – wise protector. This is a strong and wise name that evokes a sense of protection and guidance.
- Raul – This name means “wise wolf” and is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of wisdom and strength.
- Rio – This name means “river” and is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of flow and movement.
- Tony – This name means “beyond praise” and is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of excellence and achievement.
- Vic – This name means “conqueror” and is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of victory and success.
Two-Syllable Powerful Mexican Boy Names
- Pablo – humble. Mexican form of “Paul”.
- Antonio – beyond praise. This is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of excellence and achievement.
- Carlos – free man. A strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of independence and freedom.
- Eduardo – rich guardian. A sense of protection and wealth.
- Felipe – lover of horses. This is a strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of passion and strength.
- Francisco – frenchman. A strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of heritage and tradition.
- Guillermo – determined protector. A sense of protection and determination.
- Ismael – God will hear.
- Jorge – farmer.
Three-Syllable Powerful Mexican Boy Names
- Adrián – from Hadria. A strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of origin and heritage.
- Alberto – bright nobility. A sense of brilliance and leadership.
- Armando – soldier. A strong and powerful name that evokes a sense of courage and bravery.
- Cristóbal – bearer of Christ.
- Gabriel – God is my strength.
- Germán – warrior. This name evokes a sense of strength and bravery.
- Gonzalo – battle ready.
- Jorge Luis – farmer and famous warrior.
- Leonardo – brave lion. A sense of courage and strength.
- Ricardo – powerful ruler. Ricardo is the Spanish and Portuguese version of Richard.
20 Nature-Inspired Mexican Boy Names
Nature-inspired names are a popular choice among Mexican parents, as they reflect the beauty and diversity of the natural world. Here are a few examples of nature-inspired Mexican boy names with their meanings.
One-Syllable Nature-Inspired Mexican Boy Names
- Ace – number one. Inspired by the power and dominance of nature.
- Coy – shy. Inspired by the elusive and mysterious nature of wild animals.
- Drake – dragon. This name is inspired by the powerful and majestic nature of dragons.
- Gale – strong wind. Inspired by the power and strength of nature.
- Hawk – bird of prey.
- Hunter – one who hunts.
- Lynx – a small wild cat. Inspired by the stealth and cunning of the Lynx.
- Moss – soft and delicate plant. The name is inspired by the delicate and resilient nature of moss.
- Sage – wise one.
- Storm – violent weather. The name depicts the power and unpredictability of nature.
Two-Syllable Nature-Inspired Mexican Boy Names
- Angel – messenger. Inspired by the beauty and purity of nature.
- Cactus – spiky desert plant.
- Forest – a dense collection of trees. This name is inspired by the lush and verdant nature of forests.
- Jaguar – large wildcat.
- Marlin – a large game fish. The name shows the power and agility of marine life.
- Ocean – vast body of salt water. The name is inspired by the vastness and depth of the ocean.
- Raven – large black bird. Shows the intelligence and mystery of ravens.
- Redwood – giant tree. It shows the grandeur and majesty of redwood trees.
- Rio – river. Inspired by the flow and movement of water.
- Wolf – wild dog.
16 Exotic Mexican Boy Names
Exotic Mexican boy names are unique and not commonly used names that are often inspired by different cultures and traditions. They are often chosen to reflect the heritage and identity of the child.
Here are a few examples of exotic Mexican boy names with their meanings.
One-Syllable Exotic Mexican Boy Names
- Ahanu – he laughs. This name is inspired by the Mayan culture. It is a unique and exotic name that evokes a sense of joy and happiness.
- Cuitlahuac – one who has descended from the sun.
- Darian – full of grace. Inspired by the Taino culture. It evokes a sense of elegance and beauty.
- Huitzi – little hummingbird. It is a unique and exotic name that evokes a sense of energy and vitality.
- Ketzalli – precious feather.
- Kukulkan – feathered serpent. A unique and exotic name which depicts power and mystery.
- Nahual – one who has the ability to shape-shift into animal form. This name is inspired by the Mesoamerican tradition.
- Quetzalli – precious feather. This name is inspired by Aztec culture.
- Tzotzil – bat.
- Xolotl – dog-headed.
Two-Syllable Exotic Mexican Boy Names
- Cruz – cross. A symbol of faith and religious devotion.
- Joaquin – raised by Yahweh.
- Carlos – free man. Carlos is the Spanish and Portuguese form of Charles.
- Adrian – from Hadria. Often used as a symbol of someone from a place called Hadria, or as a variant of Adriano.
- Sergio – protector. A symbol of strength and defense.
- Eduardo – rich guardian. One of the cute Mexican boy names.
Choosing a name for your child is an important and personal decision.
The list above offers a diverse selection of traditional, modern, nature-inspired, mythological, royal, and celebrity-inspired beautiful Mexican baby names that may provide inspiration for parents.
Each name is unique and has its own special meaning and significance. Whether you are looking for a one, two or three-syllable name, we hope this list will help you find the perfect name for your baby girl.
Ultimately, the perfect name is one that resonates with both the parents and the child, and that will be cherished for a lifetime.