Congratulations on picking Nova for your baby. Nova is such an awesome name.
It reminds me of stars as in Super Nova – and, of course, innovations.
You could spice things up or balance it with something traditional by adding a middle name for baby Nova.
Middle names are sometimes used as a brand for social allegiance and family tradition.
Read on to find tons of amazing middle names for Nova (plus their meanings) categorized by style.
Whether you’re looking for something cute and friendly, edgy and badass, old-fashioned and classic, or trendy and cool, you’ll find it here.
We have done our research and curated a list of 100+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for baby Nova.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Meaning and Origin – What Does Nova mean?
The name Nova is a typical girl’s name of Latin origin meaning “new”, it is derived from the Latin word Novus.
In astronomy, Nova is the name of a star that temporarily becomes very bright as a result of a great energy burst. Nova’s astronomical meaning has made it a name fitting any child destined to make their mark on the world.
Nova is the 23rd most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. The name Nova is typically used for girls.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100+ Great middle names for Nova.
Find out why we have middle names here.
100+ Best Middle Names for Nova
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Nova
Below is a list of unique middle names for Nova with 4 syllables.
- Nova Arianna – Of Greek origin that means “Very Holy”
- Nova Alivia – An expanded version of Angela
- Nova Calliope – Of Greek origin meaning “beautiful voice”
- Nova Cordelia – Of Welsh origin meaning “daughter of the sea”
- Nova Demetria
- Nova Dulcinea – Of Latin origin meaning “sweetness”
- Nova Esmeralda – “emerald; precious; priceless”
- Nova Federica – Of Italian origin meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Nova Guadalupe – Of Spanish origin meaning “hidden river”
- Nova Hilaria – Of Latin origin meaning “cheerful; happy”
- Nova Luciana – Of Spanish origin meaning “light”
- Nova Mikaela – Of Hebrew origin meaning “gift of God”
- Nova Nicoletta – “victory of the people”
- Nova Ophelia – Of Greek origin meaning “Helper”
- Nova Octavia – For eight-month born Aria
- Nova Penelope – An elegant Greek name that means Weaver
- Nova Stefania – Of Italian origin meaning “Crown, Wealth”
- Nova Seraphina
- Nova Veronica – “She who brings victory”
- Nova Viviana – Of Latin origin meaning “life”
You might also like:
30 One-Syllable Middle Names for Nova
Below is a list of unique middle names for Nova with 1 syllable.
- Nova Ash – An alternative to Ashley
- Nova Blaire – “dweller in the plain”
- Nova Beth – A short form of Elizabeth
- Nova Britt – Of English origin meaning “exalted, lofty”
- Nova Blue – Of Irish origin meaning “star of the sea”
- Nova Brooke – Of English origin meaning “little stream”
- Nova Chris – Of Greek origin meaning “Christ-Bearer”
- Nova Dew
- Nova Dream – Of American origin that means “Joyous Music”
- Nova Faith – Of Hebrew origin meaning “Confidence; trust; belief”
- Nova Fern
- Nova Gayle – A short form of the name Abigail
- Nova Hope – Of English origin, signifies hope
- Nova Jane – Of English origin meaning “God is gracious”
- Nova Kat – Diminutive of Katherine
- Nova Kim – A short form of the name Kimberly
- Nova Leigh – Of English origin meaning “pasture, meadow”
- Nova Liv – “protection, shelter, warmth”
- Nova Mae – Of English origin meaning “bitter or pearl”
- Nova Nell – Of English origin meaning “bright, shining one”
- Nova Peace
- Nova Rose – Of English origin meaning “rose; flower”
- Nova Ruth – A spiritual choice
- Nova Raine – Queen
- Nova Shine – Of American origin meaning “reflect light”
- Nova Snow
- Nova Sloane – Of Irish origin meaning “raider”
- Nova Trace – Of American origin meaning “brave”
- Nova Vogue – “popular; fashionable”
- Nova Will
You might also like:
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Nova
Below is a list of unique middle names for Nova with 2 syllables.
- Nova Angel – Of Greek origin meaning “messenger., angel”
- Nova Alma – Of Latin origin meaning “kind, nourishing”
- Nova Bridget – Of Irish origin meaning “Noble or exalted one”
- Nova Cora – Of Latin origin meaning “maiden; daughter”
- Nova Esme – “to esteem”
- Nova Freya – “a noblewoman”
- Nova Henley – of English origin meaning “high meadow”
- Nova Isla – Of Scottish origin meaning “island”
- Nova Josie – Of American origin meaning “God Will Add”
- Nova Jazmine
- Nova Kori – Of Greek origin meaning “maiden”
- Nova Kathryn – Of Latin origin meaning “Pure, clear.”
- Nova Karen
- Nova Leah – Of Hebrew origin meaning “delicate or weary”
- Nova Megan – Of Welsh origin meaning “pearl”
- Nova Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Nova Noelle – Of French origin, signifies Christmas
- Nova Paula – Of Latin origin that means “humble, small”
- Nova Reyna – Of Spanish origin that means Queen
- Nova Sadie – Of Hebrew origin meaning “princess”
- Nova Stella – Of Latin origin meaning “star”
- Nova Quinn – “a girl who is pretty as two”
- Nova Rachel – one with purity
- Nova Sasha – Of Greek origin meaning “defender, helper of mankind”
- Nova Zoey – Of Greek origin meaning “life”
You might also like:
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Paisley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Parker
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Penelope
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Presley
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names For Reese
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Nova
Below is a list of unique middle names for Nova with 3 syllables.
- Nova Amanda – Of Latin name meaning “loveable; worthy of love”
- Nova Avery – Of English origin meaning “ruler of the elves”
- Nova Addison
- Nova Brianna – Of Irish origin and means “resolute, strong”
- Nova Caroline – Of French origin meaning “strength”
- Nova Cassandra – Of Greek origin meaning “shining or excelling man”
- Nova Destiny – Of Latin origin meaning “destiny, fate”
- Nova Emerie – Of English origin meaning “rich and hard-working”
- Nova Emerson – Of British origin meaning “brave and powerful”
- Nova Gillian – Of Latin origin meaning “youthful”
- Nova Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Nova
- Nova Ivana – Of Slavic origin meaning “God is gracious”
- Nova Juliet – Of English origin meaning “Youthful, Downy”
- Nova Katherine – Of Greek origin meaning “pure”
- Nova Meredith – Of Welsh origin meaning “great ruler”
- Nova Monica – Of Latin origin meaning “advisor”
- Nova Matilda – Of English origin meaning “might and strength”
- Nova Nadia – Of Russian origin meaning “hope; tender, delicate”
- Nova Patience – Of English origin meaning “act of being patient”
- Nova Serena – Of Latin origin meaning “serene; calm”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Riley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For River
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Ruby
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sadie
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Savannah
15 Unique French Middle Names for Nova
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Nova Axelle
- Nova Laurie
- Nova Marina
- Nova Cassandra
- Nova Sara
- Nova Carla
- Nova Ambre
- Nova Sabrina
- Nova Angélique
- Nova Nina
- Nova Coline
- Nova Jessica
- Nova Maëlle
- Nova Elsa
- Nova Helene
Nicknames for Nova
Short names or nicknames you can use.
- Nova Baby
- Nova Bea
You might also like:
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Sawyer
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Scarlett
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Sebastian
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sophie
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Stella
Foreign Spelling of Nova
- Novaja (Belarusian)
- nwfa (Arabic)
- Xīnxīng (Chinese)
- Novu~A (Japanese)
- sinseong (Korean)
- Nōvhā (Marathi)
- Novaya zvezda (Russian)
7 Reasons to Have Middle Names for Nova
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
#7. Smart: CNBC reported that people think people with middle names are more intelligent. Research also finds that it could help get a job.
You might also like:
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Theo
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Theodore
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Victoria
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Violet
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Vivian
7 Ideas to Craft Middle Names for Nova
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Nova
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous Nova and Related Names
- Nova Ren Suma – an American #1 New York Times best-selling author of young adult novels. Her best-known work is The Walls Around Us
- Nova Skipp -an English actress, daughter of actor Colin Skipp
- Nova Margery Pilbeam (1919 – 2015) – was an English film and stage actress
- Nova Danzig – daughter of mixed martial artist Mac Danzig
- Nova Campbell – daughter of actress Lake Bell and Scott Campbell
Sibling and Twin Names for Nova
Baby Brother Names for Nova
- Nolan (Alliteration)
- Noah (Alliteration)
- Noble (Alliteration)
- Vance (Consonance)
- Noel (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Nova
- Nora (Alliteration)
- Noelle (Alliteration)
- Valerie (Consonance)
- Ava (Consonance)
- Eva (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning