Congratulations on choosing Anna as the name of your child. It is such a beautiful name!
The name reminds me of Anna Maria Francesca, the American actress who starred in Hannah Montana and Camp Rock.
As a result of migration, many people have yearned to know where they are from, their roots, and their culture. Names could help them achieve this feat.
Similar to DNA testing, names have been used to discover the origin of individuals as well as their culture.
There are many benefits of having a middle name. But, finding a good middle name can be hard. This is why we have compiled 100+ names that will help you select a beautiful middle name for baby Anna.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin – What does Anna mean?
Anna is a girl’s name of Hebrew origin meaning “grace”. Anna is a name that has been universally embraced around the world.
Embraced by the European Christians for its associations with the Virgin Mary’s mother, Saint Anna, Anna has become the most dominant form of the Ann family.
This classic and simple name is the 321st most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. The name is widely used for baby girls.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Anna.
Find out why we have middle names here.
100+ Best Middle Names for Anna
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Anna
Below is a list of unique middle names for Anna with 4 syllables.
- Anna Amaryllis – Greek: “sparkling”
- Anna Anastasia – Greek, Russian: “resurrection”
- Anna Benicia – Spanish: “benevolent one.”
- Anna Catalina – Spanish: “pure”
- Anna Carolina – German, Latin: “free/beautiful woman”
- Anna Domenica – Latin: “lord”
- Anna Desideria – French: “the one desired, desired”
- Anna Emmanuelle – Hebrew: “God is with us”
- Anna Eugenia – Greek: “nobility, well-born”
- Anna Fabrizia – Italian: “works with the hands”
- Anna Georgina – Greek: “farmer, earth-worker”
- Anna Gloriana – Latin: “glory”
- Anna Henrietta – German: “home-ruler”
- Anna Hilaria – Latin: “cheerful, happy”
- Anna Ignacia – Latin: “ardent or burning”
- Anna Isabella – Spanish, Italian: “Devoted to God’/Pious
- Anna Julietta – Latin: “youthful; love’s child”
- Anna Keilana – Hawaiian: “glory or calmness”
- Anna Liliana – Spanish: “lily, a flower”
- Anna Margarita – Spanish: “pearl, daisy”
- Anna Mariela – Spanish: “drop of the sea”
- Anna Nicoletta – Romanian: “people of victory”
- Anna Philomena – Greek: “lover of strength”
- Anna Rafaella – French: “God has healed”
- Anna Veronica – Greek, Latin: “she who brings victory, true image”
Check out our articles on naming
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Anna
Below is a list of unique middle names for Anna with 1 syllable.
- Anna Ash – Hebrew: An alternative to Ashley
- Anna Bliss- English: “perfect joy”
- Anna Blaine – Irish: “slender, angular”
- Anna Charm – American: “lucky token”
- Anna Dawn – English: “ the first appearance of light, daybreak”
- Anna Doe – English: “female deer”
- Anna Eve – Hebrew: “life”
- Anna Faith – English: “faithful”
- Anna Grace – Latin: “God’s grace”
- Anna Hope – English: “the virtue of hope”
- Anna Jade – Spanish: “stone of the side”
- Anna Jean – Fren “ch: “God is gracious”
- Anna Kay – Greek: rejoice”
- Anna Luz – English: “light”
- Anna Maine – French: “mainland”
- Anna Noor – Arabic: “light”
- Anna Paige – English: “Page to a lord”
- Anna Pearl – Latin: “pearl”
- Anna Raine – French: “queen”
- Anna Reese – Welsh: “enthusiastic; ardent”
- Anna Summer – American: “summer”
- Anna Shea – Irish: “the stately, dauntless one”
- Anna Tate – English: “cheerful”
- Anna Wynn – Welsh: “fair, pure”
- Anna Xin – Chinese: “beautiful, elegant”
Check out our articles on courses and guide
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Anna
Below is a list of unique middle names for Anna with 2 syllables.
- Anna Arie- Hebrew: “Lion of God”
- Anna Audrey – English: “noble strength”
- Anna Bella – English: “beautiful ”
- Anna Blessing -English: “divine gift”
- Anna Brandy – English: “noble strength”
- Anna Cara -Italian: “beloved”
- Anna Celeste – Latin: “heavenly”
- Anna Daphne- Greek: “ laurel tree”
- Anna Dona – Spanish: “lady”
- Anna Esme – French: “Loved, short for Esmeralda”
- Anna Eva – Hebrew: “Giver of life”
- Anna Freida – German: “peace, joy”
- Anna Gia – Italian: “God is gracious”
- Anna Giselle – German: “pledge/hostage”
- Anna Heaven – English: “home of the god”
- Anna Irene – Greek: “peace”
- Anna Jewel – English: “a precious stone”
- Anna Karla – German: “free man”
- Anna Lida – Russian: “people’s favor”
- Anna Lillie – English: “purity and beauty”
- Anna Martha – Hebrew: “lady”
- Anna Patrice – English: “Noble; patrician”
- Anna Thea – Greek: “ gift of God”
- Anna Zina – Russian: “God-like”
- Anna Zoey – Greek: “life”
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Juliette
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariana
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Isaac
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Finley
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Serenity
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Anna
Below is a list of unique middle names for Anna with 3 syllables.
- Anna Abigail – Hebrew: “my father is joyful”
- Anna Alexa – Greek: “defender of mankind”
- Anna Bianca – Italian: “white”
- Anna Caroline – Latin: “free/beautiful woman”
- Anna Cassidy – Irish: “clever; curly-haired”
- Anna Delaney – Irish: “dark challenger”
- Anna Destiny – Latin: “destiny, fate”
- Anna Emory – English: “home strength”
- Anna Everlee – English: “brave”
- Anna Francesca – Italian: “from France or free man”
- Anna Gwendolyn – Welsh: “fair bow or blessed ring”
- Anna Georgia – English: “farmer”
- Anna Helena – Greek: “bright, shining light”
- Anna Jessica – Hebrew: “God beholds”
- Anna Juliet – English: “youthful, downy”
- Anna Jennifer – English: “fair phantom Or white wave”
- Anna Melina – Greek: “honey”
- Anna Naomi – Hebrew: “Delightful”
- Anna Royalty – English: “of royal blood or status.”
- Anna Vanessa – Latin, Greek: “of Venus; the god of love”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Esme
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Vanessa
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Cash
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Dylan
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Chase
15 Unique French Middle Names for Anna
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Anna Gaelle
- Anna Helene
- Anna Clementine
- Anna Victoria
- Anna Myriam
- Anna Marina
- Anna Cassandra
- Anna Sara
- Anna Elodie
- Anna Claire
- Anna Inès
- Anna Margaux
- Anna Alice
- Anna Emma
- Anna Margot
Nicknames for Anna
Short names or nicknames you can use.
- Queen Anna
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Landon
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Aaliyah
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Joshua
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Ace
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariel
Foreign Spelling of Anna
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Āna (Amharic)
- Hunis (Armenian)
- Hanna (Belarusian)
- Anne (French)
- Ana (Georgian)
- An’na (Japanese)
- aeon na (Lao)
- Ana (Lithuanian)
- Ania (Polish)
7 reasons to Have Middle Names for Anna
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Lorenzo
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Greyson
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Leonardo
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Andrew
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names for Gracelynn
7 Ideas to Craft Middle Names for Anna
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Beau
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous Anna and Related Names
- Anna Yuryevna Netrebko – a Russian operatic soprano
- Anna Wintour – a British-American journalist, who has served as Editor-in-Chief of Vogue since 1988 and Global Chief Content Officer for Condé Nast since 2020.
- Anna Maria Perez de Tagle – an American actress and singer.
- Anna Robinson Gilligan – American TV journalist
- Anna Trebunskaya – a Russian born American professional ballroom and Latin dancer.
Sibling and Twin Names for Anna
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Anna’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Anna
- Jonah (Consonance)
- Andy (Alliteration)
- Andrew (Alliteration)
- Adam (Alliteration)
- Hank (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Anna
- Anabelle (Alliteration)
- Anabella (Alliteration)
- Luna (Consonance)
- Hannah (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Nana (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Make sure you have checked the meaning, sound, and reputation of the middle name. Baby Anna will thank you for that.
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning