Congratulations on choosing the lovely name Dylan for the name of your baby.
The name reminds me of the young Clark Kent (played by Dylan Sprayberry) in the 2013 film Man of Steel.
Dylan Sprayberry also starred as Liam Dunbar on the MTV series Teen Wolf. What a great name you have chosen.
I know you might have a story to tell with the name choice. And, a middle name or two can be a great way to do it.
We hope to give you confidence behind your choice. That’s why we have curated a list of 120+ unique names that could inspire you to come up with a unique middle name for Dylan.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Meaning and Origin – What does Dylan mean?
Dylan is a boy’s name of Hebrew origin meaning “son of the sea”. Derived from the Welsh components dy and llanw, meaning “sea”.
Bob Dylan, a Nobel Prize-winning songwriter and famous poet who learned so much from Welsh poet Dylan Thomas that he changed his last name from Zimmerman to Dylan in honor of the poet.
Dylan is a classic and fashionable name that gives a cheery and friendly vibe.
According to Baby Center, Dylan is the 93rd most popular name in 2021. Dylan is a name that is mostly used for boys.
You can make your baby even more special by considering our selection of 100+ Great middle names for Dylan.
100+ Best Middle Names for Dylan
20 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Dylan
Below is a list of unique middle names for Dylan with 4 syllables.
- Dylan Arsenio – Spanish: “virile, strong”
- Dylan Augustino – Latin: “magic majestic, dignity, or venerable”
- Dylan Basilio – Greek: “royal; kingly”
- Dylan Cristiano – Italian, Portuguese: “follower of Christ”
- Dylan Domenico – Italian: “belonging to the Lord”
- Dylan Everardo – Spanish: “hardy; brave”
- Dylan Eugenio – Greek: “well-born”
- Dylan Donatello – Italian: “gift from God”
- Dylan Horatio – Latin: “hour, time”
- Dylan Leonardo – German: “brave as a lion”
- Dylan Leviticus – Hebrew, Greek: “belonging to the Levites”
- Dylan Meridian – American: “middle, center”
- Dylan Mauricio – Spanish: “dark; moor”
- Dylan Napoleon – Greek: “lion of the new city”
- Dylan Salvatore – Italian: “savior”
- Dylan Santiago – Hebrew, Spanish: “supplanter”
- Dylan Thelonius – Latin: “lord”
- Dylan Valerio – Latin: “Strong”
- Dylan Victorino – Spanish: “conqueror”
- Dylan Zenobius – Greek: “life of Zeus”
Check out Related Articles
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Dylan
Below is a list of unique middle names for Dylan with 1 syllable.
- Dylan Abe – Hebrew: “father of a multitude”
- Dylan Ace – Latin: “one; expert”
- Dylan Briggs – English: “dweller by the bridge”
- Dylan Beau – French: “handsome”
- Dylan Blake – English: “fair-haired, dark”
- Dylan Chase – french: “to hunt”
- Dylan Chris – Hebrew: “christ-bearer”
- Dylan Clark – English: “scribe, secretary”
- Dylan Cade – French: “round, gentle”
- Dylan Dwayne – Irish: “swarthy”
- Dylan Dane – Scandinavian: “God is my judge”
- Dylan Fritz – German: “peace ruler”
- Dylan Floyd – Welsh: “gray-haired”
- Dylan Grant – Scottish: “large”
- Dylan Garth – Norse: “groundskeeper, enclosure”
- Dylan King – English: “of royalty”
- Dylan Lex – Greek: “defending men”
- Dylan Lake – English: “body of water”
- Dylan Mack – Irish, Scottish: “son of; greatest”
- Dylan Miles – Latin: “soldier”
- Dylan Nick – Greek: “victory of the people”
- Dylan Rex – Latin: “king”
- Dylan Sean – Irish: “God Is Gracious”
- Dylan Trey – English: “three”
- Dylan Vince – Latin: “conquering”
Check out our articles on courses and guide
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Dylan
Below is a list of unique middle names for Dylan with 2 syllables.
- Dylan Allan – “Harmony, stone, or noble”
- Dylan Brandon – Irish origin meaning “Prince”
- Dylan Corbin – English: “raven or crow”
- Dylan Camden – Irish: “winding valley”
- Dylan Davon – American: “combination of David and Devon”
- Dylan Elden – American: “noble friend”
- Dylan Edward – “wealth, fortune; prosperous”
- Dylan Felix – Latin: “happy and prosperous”
- Dylan Gavin – English: “white hawk”
- Dylan Harold – Scandinavian: “army ruler”
- Dylan Jaden – Hebrew: “God has heard”
- Dylan Joseph – Hebrew: “God will increase”
- Dylan Logan – Scottish: “little hollow”
- Dylan Malik – Arabic: “king”
- Dylan Major – Latin: “greater; or, a military rank”
- Dylan Memphis – Greek: “established and beautiful”
- Dylan Pedro – Spanish: “stone or rock”
- Dylan Royal – English: “of the king.”
- Dylan Remy – Latin: “oarsman or remedy”
- Dylan Silas – Latin: “man of the forest”
- Dylan Scott – Scottish: “Person From Scotland”
- Dylan Toby – English: “God is good”
- Dylan Wesley – English: “western meadow”
- Dylan Zander – Greek: “defending men”
- Dylan Zayden – Hebrew: “lucky”
You might also like:
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Lorenzo
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Greyson
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Leonardo
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Andrew
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names for Gracelynn
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Dylan
Below is a list of unique middle names for Dylan with 3 syllables.
- Dylan Abraham – Hebrew: “father of a multitude”
- Dylan Barnaby – English: “Young warrior”
- Dylan Cassius – Latin: “vain; hollow”
- Dylan Dario – Italian: “kingly or possess well”
- Dylan Emory – English: “Brave; powerful.”
- Dylan Frederick – German: “peaceful ruler”
- Dylan Gregory – Greek origin meaning “Watchful; Alert”
- Dylan Gianni – Italian: “God is gracious”
- Dylan Hadrian – Latin origin meaning “Dark-haired”
- Dylan Julien – french: “youthful, downy-bearded, or sky father”
- Dylan Kamari – Arabic: “moon”
- Dylan Keanu – Hawaiian: “cool breeze over the mountains”
- Dylan Nicholas – Hebrew” “People of victory”
- Dylan Miguel – Hebrew: “who is like God”
- Dylan Maverick – American: “independent, nonconformist”
- Dylan Orlando – Italian: “from glorious land”
- Dylan Samuel – Hebrew: “God has heard; the name of God”
- Dylan Tobias – Greek: “God is good”
- Dylan William – English: “resolute protector”
- Dylan Vincenzo – Latin: “to conquer, win”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Landon
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Aaliyah
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Joshua
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Ace
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariel
15 Unique French Middle Names for Dylan
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Dylan Bastien
- Dylan Raphael
- Dylan Gabriel
- Dylan Tristan
- Dylan Mathis
- Dylan Samuel
- Dylan Thibaut
- Dylan Charles
- Dylan Benoit
- Dylan Fabien
- Dylan Florent
- Dylan Alexis
- Dylan Anthony
- Dylan Theo
- Dylan Corentin
Nicknames for Dylan
Short names or nicknames you can use.
Foreign Spelling of Dylan
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Ītani (Amharic)
- It’an (Armenian)
- Itan (Belarusian)
- Etani (Dutch)
- Íthan (Greek)
- Īsan (Japanese)
- Edan (Korean)
- Etanas (Lithuanian)
- Itan (Russian)
- 120+ Great Middle Names for Elizabeth
- 100 Great Middle Names for Alexander (Alex/Alexandria)
- 153 Elegant Middle Names for Olivia
- 134 Lovely Middle Names for Charlotte
- 120+ Unique Middle Names for Emma
7 Reasons to Have Middle Names for Dylan
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
7 Ideas to Craft Middle Names for Dylan
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Dylan
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 130+ Unique Middle Names for Sophia
- 150+ Unique Middle Names for Avery
- 120+ Unique Middle Names for Ava
- 150+ Middle Names for Brielle
- 150+ Middle Names for Axel
Famous Dylan and Related Names
- Dylan O’Brien – an American actor.
- Dylan Davis Haines Axelrod – an American former professional baseball pitcher.
- Dylan Baker – an American character actor.
- Dylan William Moran – an Irish comedian, writer, actor, artist and poet.
- Dylan Muse Sprayberry – an American actor known for portraying the young Clark Kent in the 2013 film Man of Steel and Liam Dunbar on the MTV series Teen Wolf from 2014 to 2017.
Sibling and Twin Names for Dylan
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Dylan’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Dylan
- Eden (Alliteration)
- Evan (Alliteration)
- Nathan (Consonance)
- Elon (Alliteration)
- Egan (Alliteration)
- Evans (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Dylan
- Elle (Alliteration)
- Eshe (Alliteration)
- Ella (Alliteration)
- Emily (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning