Picking a name for your baby is one of the joys of parenthood. Congratulations on choosing Lyla as the name of your baby.
Lyla is a variation of Layla. Lyla has meanings related to night-time beauty. Adding a middle name can also help craft the identity for your baby.
Finding a good middle name for your child cannot be left to chance. This is why we have compiled 100+ names that will help you select a beautiful middle name for Lyla.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin – What does Lyla mean?
Lyla is derived from the Semitic element layl, Lyla is a girl’s name of Arabic origin meaning “night, intoxication, night beauty”.
Many alternate spellings of Layla exist, including Lyla, Leila, Laila, Laela, Laelah, Lylah, Leyla, Lejla, and Leighla.
Lyla is the 18th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. The name is widely used for baby girls, however.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Lyla.
100+ Best Middle Names for Lyla
20 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Lyla
Below is a list of unique middle names for Lyla with 4 syllables.
- Lyla Amalia – Latin: “God’s work”
- Lyla Andromeda – Greek: “advising like a man”
- Lyla Benicia – Spanish: “benevolent one”
- Lyla Carolina – German, Latin: “free/beautiful woman”
- Lyla Dorothea – Greek: “gift of God”
- Lyla Desideria – French: “the one desired, desired”
- Lyla Evangeline – Greek: “bearer of good news”
- Lyla Ernestina – Latin: “serious; determined.”
- Lyla Gloriana – Italian: “glory”
- Lyla Gabriela – Italian: “God is my strength”
- Lyla Hilaria – Latin: “cheerful, happy”
- Lyla Isadora – Greek: “gift of Isis”
- Lyla Juliana – Latin: “youthful”
- Lyla Josephina – Latin: “Jehovah increases, God will increase”
- Lyla Luciana – Spanish, Italian: “light”
- Lyla Margarita – Spanish: “pearl, daisy”
- Lyla Migdalia – Hebrew: “tower”
- Lyla Natalie – French: “birthday of the Lord”
- Lyla Serenity – Latin: “peaceful”
- Lyla Viviana -Latin: “Life; lively”
Check out our articles on naming
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Lyla
Below is a list of unique middle names for Lyla with 1 syllable.
- Lyla Ash – Hebrew: An alternative to Ashley
- Lyla Brooke – English: “small stream”
- Lyla Bea – Latin: “she who brings happiness”
- Lyla Coe – English: “jackdaw”
- Lyla Dove – American: “Peace”
- Lyla Emme – American: “universal”
- Lyla Flo – Latin: “flower, flourishing, prosperous”
- Lyla Fleur – Scottish: “flower”
- Lyla Gem – English: “jewel”
- Lyla Hope – English: “the virtue of hope”
- Lyla Jess – English: “short for Jessica”
- Lyla Keats – English: “kite”
- Lyla Lex – Greek: “man’s defender, diminutive of Alexis”
- Lyla Ming – Chinese: “shining bright”
- Lyla Nell – English: “bright, shining one”
- Lyla Pam – English: “diminutive of Pamela”
- Lyla Paz – Hebrew: “golden, peace”
- Lyla Rive – Latin: “servant of God”
- Lyla Raine – French: “queen”
- Lyla Spence – English, French: “ keeper of provision”
- Lyla Starr – American: “star”
- Lyla Shawn – American: “God is gracious”
- Lyla Tate – English: “cheerful”
- Lyla Wynn – Welsh: “fair, pure”
- Lyla Virge – Latin: “virginal, pure”
Check out our articles on courses and guide
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Lyla
Below is a list of unique middle names for Lyla with 2 syllables.
- Lyla Alma – Latin: “nourishing”
- Lyla Audrey – English: “noble strength”
- Lyla Bella – English: “beautiful ”
- Lyla Blakely -English: “black, dark or pale ”
- Lyla Callie -Greek: “beautiful”
- Lyla Celine – French: “heaven”
- Lyla Crystal – English: “brilliant glass”
- Lyla Dara – Hebrew: “compassionate”
- Lyla Darcy – French: “dark one”
- Lyla Emmy – English: “a diminutive form of Emily”
- Lyla Evy – English: “beautiful bird, short for Evelyn”
- Lyla Frankie – American: “free, or truthful”
- Lyla Giselle – French: “pledge”
- Lyla Ivy – English: “Faithfulness”
- Lyla Janelle – American: “God is gracious”
- Lyla Keira – Irish: “black-haired”
- Lyla Lori – French: “laurel”
- Lyla Lisa – English: “God is my oath”
- Lyla Lillie – English: “purity and beauty”
- Lyla Maureen – Irish: “of the sea”
- Lyla Priya – Indian: “beloved, short for Priyanka”
- Lyla Ryan – Irish: “little king”
- Lyla Thea – Greek: “ gift of God”
- Lyla Zina – Russian: “God-like”
- Lyla Zia – Hebrew: “radiant”
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Juliette
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariana
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Isaac
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Finley
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Serenity
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Lyla
Below is a list of unique middle names for Lyla with 3 syllables.
- Lyla Abigail – Hebrew: “my father is joyful”
- Lyla Alexa – Greek: “defender of mankind”
- Lyla Caspian – English: “white”
- Lyla Christopher – Greek: “bearer of Christ”
- Lyla Danielle – Hebrew: “God is my judge”
- Lyla Destiny – Latin: “destiny, fate”
- Lyla Emory – English: “home strength”
- Lyla Elliot – English: “the lord of my God”
- Lyla Francesca – Italian: “from France or free man”
- Lyla Georgia – English: “farmer”
- Lyla Helena – Of Greek origin meaning “bright, shining light”
- Lyla Imelda – Italian: “all-consuming fight”
- Lyla Juliet – English: “youthful, downy”
- Lyla Jennifer – English: “fair phantom Or white wave”
- Lyla Melissa – Greek: “honeybee”
- Lyla Melina – Greek: “honey”
- Lyla Naomi – Hebrew: “Delightful”
- Lyla Royalty – English: “of royal blood or status.”
- Lyla Susannah – Hebrew: “lily”
- Lyla Vanessa – Latin, Greek: “of Venus; the god of love”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Esme
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Vanessa
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Cash
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Dylan
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Chase
15 Unique French Middle Names for Lyla
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Lyla Claire
- Lyla Inès
- Lyla Margaux
- Lyla Melissa
- Lyla Amélie
- Lyla Célia
- Lyla Fanny
- Lyla Elise
- Lyla Sophie
- Lyla Elodie
- Lyla Claire
- Lyla Inès
- Lyla Margaux
- Lyla Alice
- Lyla Mathilde
Nicknames for Lyla
Short names or nicknames you can use.
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Landon
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Aaliyah
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Joshua
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Ace
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariel
Foreign Spelling of Lyla
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Lejla (Albanian)
- Layila (Amharic)
- Leyla (Armenian)
- Lejla (Belarusian)
- Lái lā (Chinese)
- Leila (Georgian)
- I Léila (Greek)
- Reira (Japanese)
- Leilla (Korean)
- Laila (Latvian)
7 reasons to Have Middle Names for Lyla
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Lorenzo
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Greyson
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Leonardo
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Andrew
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names for Gracelynn
7 Ideas to Craft Middle Names for Lyla
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Beau
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous Lyla and Related Names
- Lyla El – an English real estate agent and former dancer, model, and retired professional wrestler.
- Lyla Kayleigh – a British-American TV personality, actress and philanthropist.
- Lyla bint al – was an Arab woman, contemporary to the Islamic prophet Muhammad and the wife of Malik ibn Nuwayra.
- Lyla Claire – a Canadian soprano opera singer.
- Lyla Foreman- daughter of musician Tim Foreman of Switchfoot
- Lyla Grace Marsh – the girl who inspired Lyla’s Legacy cancer foundation
Sibling and Twin Names for Lyla
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Lyla’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Lyla
- Levi (Alliteration)
- Leif (Alliteration)
- Levy (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Lyla
- Cayla (Consonance)
- Lyla (Alliteration)
- Leila (Alliteration)
- Gabriella (Consonance)
- Adriela (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Make sure you have checked the meaning, sound, and reputation of the middle name. Baby Lyla will thank you for that.
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning