Congratulations on choosing the name Luke for your baby!
We know how important the decision is for naming your child. You want to choose something that suits their personality, that will stand the test of time, and that you will love for years to come.
It is possible that you love the name Luke so much but you already have a sibling or a friend with a similar name.
Or you are considering a middle name for other reasons.
We want to help you generate ideas for middle names for baby Luke. This is why we have curated a list of 115+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for Luke.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Find out why we have middle names
Meaning and Origin – What does Luke mean?
The name Luke is of Greek origin meaning “Person From Lucania”. In the New Testament of the Bible, Luke was a physician and a friend to St. Paul. Luke was the author of The Gospel of Luke, the third book in the New Testament.
The name Luke is another form of Lucas, which was derived from the Greek name Loukas. Luke is a friendly and warm name with a cool and amazing personality.
According to Baby Center, Luke is the 32nd most popular name in 2021. Luke is a name that is only used for boys.
You can make your baby even more special by considering our selection of 115+ Great middle names for Luke.
115+ Best Middle Names for Luke
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Luke
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For Luke with 4 syllables.
- Luke Augustino – “majestic; dignity, or venerable”
- Luke Azariah – Of Hebrew origin meaning “Helped by God”
- Luke Alexander- Of Greek origin meaning Defender of men
- Luke Antonio – Of Latin origin meaning “Priceless one”
- Luke Aurelius – Of Latin origin meaning The golden one
- Luke Acacius – “Innocent”
- Luke Alessio – Great sounding name meaning “Defender/Warrior”
- Luke Domenico – Of Mexican origin meaning “Lord”
- Luke Damarion – Great sounding name
- Luke Christiano – Ambitious name meaning “Follower of Christ”
- Luke Cornelius – Great sounding name
- Luke Ezekiel – A biblical choice meaning God strengthens
- Luke Emilio – Great sounding name
- Luke Federico – Great sounding name
- Luke Giovanni – “God is Gracious”
- Luke Jedidiah – “Beloved of the Lord”
- Luke Leonardo -Great for modern and ancient association
- Luke Luciano – of Spanish, Italian origin meaning “light”
- Luke Lamario
- Luke Meridian – Nature-inspired
- Luke Nathaniel – of Hebrew origin meaning Gift of God
- Luke Nehemiah – of Hebrew origin meaning Comforted by God
- Luke Santiago
- Luke Theophilus – Of Greek origin meaning “Loved of God”
- Luke Zephaniah – of Hebrew origin meaning God Has Concealed
You might also like:
30 One-Syllable Middle Names for Luke
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For Luke with 1 syllable.
- Luke Arch – Of German origin meaning “genuine, bold, and brave”
- Luke Ace – Modern choice
- Luke Brock – of English origin meaning “badger”
- Luke Blake – of English origin meaning “fair-haired, dark”
- Luke Brook – Gender-neutral meaning “Small stream/Peace”
- Luke Bob – of English origin meaning “bright, shining, famed”
- Luke Bruce – A cool and modern choice
- Luke Ben – “blessed”
- Luke Clark
- Luke Cash – of English, Latin origin meaning “hollow; Wealth”
- Luke Chance – of English origin meaning “Fortune, Luck”
- Luke Drey
- Luke Drake – of English origin meaning “dragon”
- Luke Dave – A short form for David
- Luke Ford – Modern and traditional
- Luke Flynn – Disney inspired
- Luke Frey – Scandinavian origin meaning “Exalted one”
- Luke Greg – Of Greek origin meaning “Watchful”
- Luke Grey
- Luke George – Of Greek origin meaning “farmer, earth-worker”
- Luke Hank – “Ruler”
- Luke James – of Hebrew, English origin meaning “supplanter”
- Luke King – A blend of royalty to the name Luke
- Luke Kane – of Irish origin meaning “Battlefield”
- Luke Lynx – Of Latin origin meaning “brightness”
- Luke Rhys – European and softer sounding
- Luke Seth – The anointed one
- Luke Shawn – of American origin meaning God Is Gracious.
You might also like:
30 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Luke
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For Luke with 2 syllables.
- Luke Albert – A noble and bright choice
- Luke Axton – English origin, from the town of Ash trees
- Luke Andrew – Of English origin meaning Strength
- Luke Brendan – Of Irish origin meaning “Prince”
- Luke Bradley – of English origin meaning From The Broad Meadow
- Luke Beckham – Sport inspired
- Luke Bridges – Inspired by Luke Bridges, a renowned actor
- Luke Callum – Scottish origin meaning “Dove”
- Luke Collins
- Luke Curtis – of Latin origin meaning “Courteous, Courtly”
- Luke Dexter – of Latin origin meaning “dyer, right-handed”
- Luke Davies – An alternative to “David”
- Luke Derrick – Of English origin meaning “gifted leader”
- Luke Declan – of Irish origin “Man of Prayer”/ “Full of Goodness”
- Luke Evans – Of Scottish origin meaning “God is Gracious”
- Luke Ernest – of English origin “Diligent, Truthful”
- Luke Eric – An alternative to Erick
- Luke Filmore – of English origin meaning “Very famous”
- Luke Finlay – Of English “Courageous one”
- Luke Gerald – of Welsh origin meaning “Gentle”
- Luke Hector – A cool sounding name
- Luke Justin – of Latin origin meaning “fair, righteous”
- Luke Mason
- Luke Maxwell – of Scottish origin meaning “Great Stream”
- Luke Presley – Great sounding name
- Luke Richard – Of German origin meaning “powerful leader”
- Luke Sterling – of English origin meaning “Starling, Little Star”
- Luke Tyler – A cool name for the little King
- Luke Wesley
- Luke Walker – A great sounding name
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Maya
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mia
- 120+ Amazing Middle Names For Mila
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names for Naomi
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Noah
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Luke
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For Luke with 3 syllables.
- Luke Anthony – of Latin origin meaning “priceless one”
- Luke Benjamin – “son of the right hand”
- Luke Bastien – Of Greek origin meaning “Revered”
- Luke Castiel – of Hebrew origin meaning “my cover is God”
- Luke Dakota – Us-city inspired; friendly one
- Luke Elliot – Of English origin meaning “the lord of my God”
- Luke Elian – Of Hebrew origin meaning “the Lord is my God; God is family”
- Luke Gianni – Of Italian origin meaning “God is gracious”
- Luke Hadrian – Latin origin meaning “Dark-haired”
- Luke Harrison – Of English origin meaning “son of Harry”
- Luke Jonathan – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has given”
- Luke Jadiel – of Hebrew origin that means “one who will judge”
- Luke Nicholas – “People of victory”
- Luke Morrison – Scottish origin meaning “Dark-skinned”
- Luke Maverick – Of English origin meaning “nonconforming” or “independent”
- Luke Maximus
- Luke Ricardo – Of Spanish origin meaning “brave ruler”
- Luke Sullivan – Of Irish origin meaning “black-eyed one”
- Luke Thiago
- Luke Zachary – Of Hebrew origin meaning “the Lord has remembered”
You might also like:
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Nora
- 100+ Middle Names For Nova
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Oliver
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Owen
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Paige
15 Unique French Middle Names For Luke
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Luke Arnaud
- Luke Benoit
- Luke Baptiste
- Luke Jean
- Luke Damien
- Luke Max
- Luke Florian
- Luke Fernand
- Luke Yann
- Luke Marc
- Luke Maxence
- Luke Pierre
- Luke Maxence
- Luke Marc
- Luke Tony
Nicknames for Luke
Short names or nicknames you can use.
Foreign Spelling of Luke
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Luka (Albanian)
- luk’a (Amharic)
- Ghukas (Armenian)
- Luka (Belarusian)
- Lyuk (Bulgarian)
- Lucas (Dutch)
- Luc (French)
- Lukas (German)
- Louk (Greek)
- Rūku (Japanese)
- Lūks (Latvian)
- Lyuk (Russian)
You might also like:
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Paisley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Parker
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Penelope
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Presley
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names For Reese
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Names For Luke
Three are a number of benefits for having Middle Names For Luke.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
#7. Smart: CNBC reported that people think people with middle names are more intelligent. Research also finds that it could help get a job.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Names For Luke
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Luke
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Riley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For River
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Ruby
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sadie
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Savannah
Famous Luke and Related Names
- Luke Aaron Benward – an American actor and singer. He is best known for his role as Will in the Disney film Cloud 9 (2014)
- Luke Hemsworth – an Australian actor who is known for his roles as Nathan Tyson in the TV series Neighbours
- Luke Robert Ravenstahl – an American politician who served as the 59th Mayor of Pittsburgh from 2006 until 2014
- Luke August Kuechly – a former American football middle linebacker who played all eight seasons of his professional career with the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League.
- Luke Evans – a Welsh actor and singer.
Sibling and Twin Names for Luke
Here are amazing and cute names for baby Luke’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for Luke
- Lucas (Alliteration)
- Luca (Alliteration)
- Louis (Consonance)
- Duke (Consonance)
- Luther (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Luke
- Lucy (Alliteration)
- Louis (Alliteration)
- Lucie (Alliteration)
- Luisa (Alliteration)
- Luna (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thought.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning