Congratulations on the new baby, Luna is a great first name choice.
As a new parent, one of the many decisions you have to make is naming your baby. Some follow the tradition of letting the girls take on the last name of their fathers and boys take their mother’s maiden name as their surname.
In recent years, there has been a growing trend for parents to give their daughter a middle name that isn’t her father’s last name or for kids to have two middle names – one from mom and dad.
Parents now give middle names to their children to give them a unique identity and also give them an edge in society, research shows that a middle name makes you smarter.
We hope to give you more confidence behind your choice along with some ideas. That’s why we have curated a list of 120+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for Luna.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Find out why we have middle names
Meaning and Origin – What Does Luna mean?
Derived from the Latin word for moon, luna, Luna is a typical girl’s name of Italian origin meaning “moon”. Luna is also the name of the goddess of the moon in Roman mythology.
Luna is known to be brave and beautiful and there is always something special and charming about girls named Luna
Luna is the 9th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. Luna is a name that is mostly used for girls.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Luna.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 120+ Great middle names for Luna.
You might also like:
120+ Best Middle Names for Luna
30 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Luna
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Luna with 4 syllables.
- Luna Anabella – of Spanish origin meaning “loving”
- Luna Antonella – Of Italian origin meaning “firstborn”
- Luna Annabella – Of Latin origin meaning “Beautiful, graceful”
- Luna Bernadetta – Of German origin meaning Brave/Strong
- Luna Benicia – Of Latin origin meaning “Blessed one”
- Luna Calliope – of Greek origin meaning “beautiful voice”
- Luna Carolina – Great sounding name
- Luna Catarina – Of Greek origin meaning “pure”
- Luna Daniella
- Luna Demetria – Of Spanish origin meaning “God is my judge”
- Luna Donatella – of Italian origin that means “Beautiful Gift”
- Luna Eliana – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has answered”
- Luna Elizabeth
- Luna Felicity – “Happiness”
- Luna Gabriella – “Heroine”
- Luna Giovanna – “God is gracious”
- Luna Georgina –
- Luna Henrietta – “Home ruler”
- Luna Isabella – “Devoted to God’/Pious
- Luna Isadora
- Luna Luciana – “light”
- Luna Liliana – “Lily; flower”
- Luna Ophelia – “Helper”
- Luna Olympia
- Luna Penelope – character in Homer’s Odyssey; a symbol of unweaving love)
- Luna Philomena – of Greek origin meaning “lover of strength”
- Luna Seraphina
- Luna Serenity – of Latin origin meaning “peaceful”
- Luna Viviana – Of Latin origin meaning “Life; lively”
- Luna Valeria – of Latin origin meaning “strong, healthy”
You might also like:
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Luna
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Luna with 1 syllable
- Luna Anne – of Hebrew origin meaning “grace”
- Luna Beth – of French origin meaning “beautiful”
- Luna Bess – a form of Elisheba, meaning “God is satisfaction”
- Luna Clare – “Bright/Famous”
- Luna Dream – of American origin that means “joyous music”
- Luna Dawn – of Old English origin meaning “the first appearance of light or daybreak”
- Luna Eve – of Hebrew origin meaning “life”
- Luna Elle – of French origin meaning “she”
- Luna Grace – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God’s grace”
- Luna Joules – courageous, honest, creative, brilliant
- Luna June – For the June-born Luna
- Luna Jane – “Yahweh is gracious/merciful”
- Luna Jade – “Precious; gem”
- Luna Joy – Great happiness
- Luna Kace – “Watchful”
- Luna Love – An option for the lovers
- Luna Lux- “Bringer of light”
- Luna Lark – Perfect for a playful and lighthearted Luna
- Luna Pearl – of Latin origin meaning “pearl”
- Luna Peace – Of American origin meaning “peace”
- Luna Ruth – A spiritual choice
- Luna Rose – of Latin origin meaning “rose, a flower”
- Luna Starr – Of American origin meaning Star
- Luna Trace
- Luna Zoe – “Life”
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Maya
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mia
- 120+ Amazing Middle Names For Mila
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names for Naomi
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Noah
30 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Luna
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Luna with 2 syllables.
- Luna Ashlyn – Of Irish origin meaning “Dream; vision”
- Luna Adah – Nature-inspired
- Luna Amy – of French, Latin origin meaning “Beloved”
- Luna Abby – Of Hebrew origin meaning “Father’s joy”
- Luna Beatrice – Of Latin origin meaning “she who brings happiness; blessed”
- Luna Baylee
- Luna Callie – of Greek origin and means “pretty”
- Luna Candy – Of Latin origin meaning “Bright”
- Luna Chloe – Of Greek origin meaning “blooming; fertility”
- Luna Dora – a short form of Theodora meaning “A gift from God”
- Luna Donna – of Italian origin meaning “lady”
- Luna Ellen – “bright and shining”
- Luna Ellis – Of English origin that means The Lord Is My God.
- Luna Florence – of Latin origin meaning “flourishing, prosperous”
- Luna Greta – of German origin meaning “pearl”
- Luna Helen – of Greek origin meaning “torch; shining light”
- Luna Hattie – Home ruler
- Luna Indie – Of American origin meaning Independent or Indian
- Luna Jasmine – A flower with a sweet scent
- Luna Jada – A variant of Jade
- Luna Kelsey
- Luna Katherine – Of Greek origin meaning “pure”
- Luna Kristen – Of Latin origin meaning “Follower of Christ”
- Luna Mercy – Of English origin meaning “compassion”
- Luna Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Luna Phoebe – “Bright one”
- Luna Piper
- Luna Ruby – “Precious”
- Luna Roslynn – Of German origin meaning “Gentle
- Luna Stella – of Latin origin and means “Star
You might also like:
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Nora
- 100+ Middle Names For Nova
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Oliver
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Owen
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Paige
25 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Luna
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Luna with 3 syllables.
- Luna Athena – a Greek Goddess of “war and wisdom”
- Luna Allison – of Scottish origin and means “noble”
- Luna Brinna – of Irish origin and means “resolute, strong”
- Luna Callista – “Most beautiful”
- Luna Caroline – of French origin and means “strong”
- Luna Deborah – a Hebrew word meaning “bee”
- Luna Destiny
- Luna Emmeline – Of German origin meaning “hardworking or industrious”
- Luna Emily – An industrious person
- Luna Eleanor – Of Greek origin meaning “light-hearted; shining light”
- Luna Eliza – Of Hebrew origin meaning “pledged to God”
- Luna Francesca
- Luna Fiona – “Pure”; “White”
- Luna Gillian -of English origin that means “Youthful, Downy”
- Luna Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Luna
- Luna Isabelle
- Luna Jamena – “ beautiful princess, holy river”
- Luna Josephine
- Luna Kimberly
- Luna Jessica – A person who has remarkable foresight
- Luna Lavender
- Luna Monica – “unique, to advise, alone, nun, solitary”
- Luna Naomi – “Delightful”
- Luna Sylvia
- Luna Samantha – of Hebrew origin meaning “told by God”
15 Unique French Middle Names for Luna
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Luna Solène
- Luna Lola
- Luna Coralie
- Luna Laëtitia
- Luna Alexia
- Luna Aurore
- Luna Cécile
- Luna Alicia
- Luna Zoé
- Luna Agathe
- Luna Julia
- Luna Anna
- Luna Emeline
- Luna Léna
- Luna Laurie
Nicknames for Luna
Short names or nicknames you can use.
Foreign Spelling of Luna
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Lune (French)
- Lúa (Galician)
- Selíni (Greek)
- Lunā (Marathi)
- Lūnā (Punjabi)
- Runa (Japanese)
- Ay (Turkish)
- Luna (Russian)
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Paisley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Parker
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Penelope
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Presley
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names For Reese
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Luna
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Luna
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Luna
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Riley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For River
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Ruby
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sadie
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Savannah
Famous Luna and Related Names
- Luna Vachon (1962 -2010) – was an American-Canadian professional wrestler
- Luna – stage name of Park Sunyoung, Korean singer of girl group f(x)
- Luna Blaise (Boyd) – an American actress and singer, and is best known for her role as Olive Stone in NBC’s and Netflix’s Manifest.
- Luna Bergere Leopold (1915 – 2006) – American male hydrologist; son of author Aldo Leopold
- Tura Luna Pascual Yamaguchi (1913 – 2011) – a Japanese American actress, vedette, and exotic dancer
Sibling and Twin Names for Luna
Baby Brother Names for Luna
- Lucas (Alliteration)
- Luca (Alliteration)
- Louis (Alliteration)
- Nani (Consonance)
Baby Sister Names for Luna
- Lana (Alliteration)
- Laina (Consonance)
- Lena (Consonance)
- Aleena (Consonance)
- Ana (Consonance)
- Lucia (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning