If you have decided to name your baby girl Madeline, congratulations on picking a lovely name.
You could spice things up by adding a middle name for baby Madeline, middle names are generally important representations of social allegiance and family tradition.
Below, you will find tons of amazing middle names for Madeline (plus their meanings) categorized by style.
Whether you’re looking for something cute and friendly, edgy and badass, old-fashioned and classic, or trendy and cool, you’ll find it here.
We have done our research and curated a list of 120+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for Madeline.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Find out why we have middle names
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin – What Does Madeline mean?
The name Madeline is amazing and lovely, it is a typical girl’s name of English origin meaning “High tower”, in Hebrew, Madeline means “woman from Magdala”
To make it look more sophisticated, the French version Madeleine carries an extra E. Madeline is a feminine and graceful name with a lovely and solid pronunciation.
Madeline is the 146th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. The name Madeline is typically used for girls.
Madeline is that attractive kid in class everyone wants to be friends with.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 120+ Great middle names for Madeline.
You might also like:
100+ Best Middle Names for Madeline
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Madeline
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Madeline with 4 syllables.
- Madeline Alicia – Of Spanish origin meaning “noble”.
- Madeline Angelica – “angelica”
- Madeline Arianna – of Greek origin that means “Very Holy”
- Madeline Alivia – An expanded version of Angela
- Madeline Benicia – Of Spanish origin meaning “blessed one”
- Madeline Carolina – Of French origin meaning “free man”
- Madeline Cordelia – Of Welsh origin meaning “daughter of the sea”
- Madeline Dorothea – of Greek origin meaning “gift of God”
- Madeline Dulcinea – Of Latin origin meaning “sweetness”
- Madeline Eliana – “my God has answered”
- Madeline Esmeralda – “emerald; precious; priceless”
- Madeline Federica – of Italian origin meaning “peaceful ruler”
- Madeline Felicity – Of English origin meaning “happiness”
- Madeline Gracielle – Another version of Grace “favor; blessing”
- Madeline Horatia – ‘timekeeper”
- Madeline Hilaria – Of Latin origin meaning “cheerful; happy”
- Madeline Luciana – Of Spanish origin meaning “light”
- Madeline Magnolia – of Latin origin meaning “Magnol’s flower”
- Madeline Malaysia – Country inspired
- Madeline Mikaela – Of Hebrew origin meaning “gift of God”
- Madeline Nicoletta – “victory of the people”
- Madeline Octavia – For eight-month born Aria
- Madeline Penelope – An elegant Greek name that means Weaver
- Madeline Seraphina
- AriaMadeline Veronica – “She who brings victory”
You might also like:
30 One-Syllable Middle Names for Madeline
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Madeline with 1 syllable.
- Madeline Ash – An alternative to Ashley
- Madeline Blaire – “dweller in the plain”
- Madeline Beth – A short form of Elizabeth
- Madeline Blythe – Of English origin meaning “happy; carefree”
- Madeline Blue – Of Irish origin meaning “star of the sea”
- Madeline Brooke – Of English origin meaning “little stream”
- Madeline Claire – Of Latin origin meaning “clear, bright”
- Madeline Dell – Of English origin meaning “mall valley or glen”
- Madeline Dream – Of American origin that means “Joyous Music”
- Madeline Faith – “to have faith”
- Madeline Fern
- Madeline Gem
- Madeline Hope – Of English origin, signifies hope
- Madeline Jean – “God is gracious”
- Madeline Kate – Diminutive of Katherine
- Madeline Love – the epitome of Love
- Madeline Liv – “protection, shelter, warmth”
- Madeline May – For the May-born Madeline
- Madeline Nell – of English origin meaning “bright, shining one”
- Madeline Peace
- Madeline Rose – Of English origin meaning “rose; flower”
- Madeline Rhyl – Of Welsh origin meaning “light”
- Madeline Ruth – A spiritual choice
- Madeline Raine – Queen
- Madeline Shine – Of American origin meaning “reflect light”
- Madeline Snow
- Madeline Trace – Of American origin meaning “brave”
- Madeline Vogue – “popular; fashionable”
- Madeline Wren – Of English origin meaning “small bird”
- Madeline Will
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Maya
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mia
- 120+ Amazing Middle Names For Mila
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names for Naomi
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Noah
30 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Madeline
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Madeline with 2 syllables.
- Madeline Angel – Of Greek origin meaning “messenger., angel”
- Madeline Adley – of the Hebrew origin meaning “the lord is just”
- Madeline Alma – Of Latin origin meaning “kind, nourishing”
- Madeline Bridget – Of Irish origin meaning “Noble or exalted one”
- Madeline Chelsea – Of Old English origin meaning “chalk landing place”
- Madeline Crystal – “Precious”
- Madeline Esme – “to esteem”
- Madeline Freya – “a noblewoman”
- Madeline Greta – of German origin meaning “pearl”
- Madeline Henley – of English origin meaning “high meadow”
- Madeline Iris – “rainbow”
- Madeline Jolie – Inspired by Angelina Jolie
- Madeline Jazmine
- Madeline Kori – Of Greek origin meaning “maiden”
- Madeline Kathryn – Of Latin origin meaning “Pure, clear.”
- Madeline Karen
- Madeline Lucy – “Light’
- Madeline Lina – Of German origin meaning “tender”
- Madeline Molly
- Madeline Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Madeline Noelle – Of French origin, signifies Christmas
- Madeline Paula – of Latin origin that means “humble, small”
- Madeline Piper – of English, Romanian origin meaning “pipe or flute player”
- Madeline Reyna – Of Spanish origin that means Queen
- Madeline Roxanne
- Madeline Ruby – “Precious”
- Madeline Quinn – “a girl who is pretty as two”
- Madeline Rachel – one with purity
- Madeline Sasha – Of Greek origin meaning “defender, helper of mankind”
- Madeline Zoey – of Greek origin meaning “life”
You might also like:
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Nora
- 100+ Middle Names For Nova
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Oliver
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Owen
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Paige
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Madeline
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Madeline with 3 syllables.
- Madeline Alondra – A short form of Alejandra
- Madeline Annalise – “gracious; full of grace”
- Madeline Anika – “graceful, brilliant or sweet-faced”
- Madeline Brianna – of Irish origin and means “resolute, strong”
- Madeline Cassandra – the one who shines and excels over men
- Madeline Destiny – Of Latin origin meaning “destiny, fate”
- Madeline Eliza – “my God is an oath; joyful”
- Madeline Emerson
- Madeline Gabrielle – of French origin meaning “God is my strength”
- Madeline Gillian – of Latin origin meaning “youthful”
- Madeline Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Madeline
- Madeline Ivana – Of Slavic origin meaning “God is gracious”
- Madeline Juliet – of English origin meaning “Youthful, Downy”
- Madeline Katherine – of Greek origin meaning “pure”
- Madeline Mackenzie – “comely” or “child of a wise leader”
- Madeline Matilda – Of English origin meaning “might and strength”
- Madeline Natalie – Of Latin origin meaning “birth of the Lord”
- Madeline Patience – Of Englis origin meaning “act of being patient”
- Madeline Teresa – Of Spanish origin meaning “To harvest”
- Madeline Violet
15 Unique French Middle Names for Madeline
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Madeline Axelle
- Madeline Laurie
- Madeline Lou
- Madeline Nina
- Madeline Coline
- Madeline Jessica
- Madeline Maëlle
- Madeline Elsa
- Madeline Lucile
- Madeline Laure
- Madeline Salomé
- Madeline Andréa
- Madeline Charlène
- Madeline Gaelle
- Madeline Helene
Nicknames for Madeline
Short names or nicknames you can use.
Foreign Spelling of Madeline
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- madēlīni (Amharic)
- Madlin (Armenian)
- Madlien (Belarusian)
- Madlin (Bulgarian)
- Madlini (Georgian)
- Maderīn (Japanese)
- maedeullin (Korean)
- Medlina (Latvian)
- Madyelin (Mongolian)
- Medlin (Russian)
You might also like:
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Paisley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Parker
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Penelope
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Presley
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names For Reese
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Madeline
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Madeline
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Madeline
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Riley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For River
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Ruby
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sadie
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Savannah
Famous Madeline and Related Names
- Madeline Gail Kahn (1942 – 1999)- was an American actress, comedian, and singer
- Madeline Juno – a German singer and songwriter
- Madeline Brewer – an American actress, known for her role as Tricia Miller in the Emmy award-winning series Orange Is the New Black
- Madeline Manning – a former American runner. Between 1967 and 1981 she won ten national titles and set a number of American records
- Madeline Cowe – an Australian TV Host, model, and beauty pageant titleholder. She won Miss World Australia 2016 and placed 1st Runner-up at Miss Universe Australia 2015
Sibling and Twin Names for Madeline
Baby Brother Names for Madeline
- Mark (Alliteration)
- Max (Alliteration)
- Franklin (Consonance)
- Micheal (Alliteration)
- Mackenzie (Alliteration)
- Marion (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Madeline
- Josephine (Consonance)
- Adeline (Consonance)
- Catherine (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Emmeline (Consonance)
- Marceline (Alliteration and Consonance)
- Magdalene (Alliteration and Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning