Congratulations on choosing Molly as the name of your baby. Molly is a badass name. Molly’s Game comes to mind. That movie is so good that I have watched it at least three times.
Come to think of it, Molly Bloom [Last-Name] could be a lovely middle name. It certainly makes your baby want to watch that film or be like that girl.
A middle name has such power to instill inception into a child because that name stays with them. And, for something that important, you want to make sure you have a strong story behind it.
Research also finds that it could help get a job because it makes that person seem smarter.
Whatever your motivation, we have done our research and curated a list of 100+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for baby Mason.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Meaning and Origin – What Does Molly mean?
The name Molly is a typical girl’s name of Irish origin meaning “star of the sea”. Molly originated as a diminutive of Mary and a medieval variation of Malle and Molle.
Molly is a lovely and amazing name that has been in use as a standalone name since the late Middle Ages.
Molly is the 144th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. Molly is a name that is mostly used for girls.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Molly.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 100+ Great middle names for Molly.
100+ Best Middle Names for Molly
20 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Molly
Below is a list of unique middle names for Molly with 4 syllables.
- Molly Adelia – German: “noble, nobility”
- Molly Amalia – Latin: “hardworking”
- Molly Belladonna – Italian: “nightshade, beautiful lady”
- Molly Carolina – German: “free/beautiful woman”
- Molly Donatella – Italian: “beautiful gift”
- Molly Eugenia – Greek: “nobility, well-born”
- Molly Dulcinea – Latin: “sweetness”
- Molly Dorothea – Greek: “gift of God”
- Molly Esmeralda – Spanish, Portuguese: “emerald”
- Molly Elisheva – Hebrew: “pledged to God”
- Molly Fabrizia – Italian: “works with the hands”
- Molly Graciela – Hebrew: “favor; blessing.”
- Molly Henrietta – German: “home-ruler”
- Molly Isadora – Greek: “gift of Isis”
- Molly Julianna – Latin: “youthful or sky father”
- Molly Mahogany – Spanish: “rich, strong”
- Molly Nicoletta – Greek: “victory of the people”
- Molly Philomena – Greek: “lover of strength”
- Molly Theodora – Greek: “divine Gift”
- Molly Xiomara – Spanish: “battle-ready or battle famous”
Check out our articles on naming
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Molly
Below is a list of unique middle names for Molly with 1 syllable
- Molly Ash – A short form for Ashley
- Molly Belle – French: “beautiful”
- Molly Blanch – French: “white”
- Molly Cher – French: “beloved”
- Molly Dream – American: “joyous music”
- Molly Eve – Hebrew: “life”
- Molly Gem – English: “jewel”
- Molly Jane – English: “Yahweh is gracious/merciful”
- Molly Joules – English: “courageous, honest, creative, brilliant”
- Molly Jazz – English: “short for Jasmine”
- Molly Jeanne – French: “God is gracious”
- Molly Kim – English: “bold, a royal fortress”
- Molly Liz – English: “God is my oath”
- Molly Lark – American: “lighthearted songbird”
- Molly Mae – English: “pearl”
- Molly May – Greek, English: “pearl; month name”
- Molly Prim – Latin: “first rose or firstborn”
- Molly Paz – Hebrew, Spanish: “golden, peace”
- Molly Pearl – Latin: “pearl”
- Molly Rive – Hebrew: “servant of God; maiden “
- Molly Ruth – Hebrew: “companion; friend; a vision of beauty”
- Molly Shawn – American: “God is gracious”
- Molly Trace – American: “brave”
- Molly Tess – Greek: “harvester; to reap”
- Molly Zoe – Zoe: “Life”
Check out our articles on courses and guide
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Molly
Below is a list of unique middle names for Molly with 2 syllables.
- Molly Alice – German: “noble, exalted”
- Molly Bess – Hebrew: “pledged to God”
- Molly Campbell – Scottish: “beautiful field”
- Molly Cora – Greek: “maiden; daughter”
- Molly Donna – Italian: “lady”
- Molly Elsa – German: “pledged to God”
- Molly Florence – Latin: “flourishing, prosperous”
- Molly Harper – English: “harp player”
- Molly Hattie – American: “home-ruler”
- Molly Indie – American: “independent or Indian”
- Molly Josie – American: “God will add”
- Molly Jada – Hebrew: “wise”
- Molly Kayla – American: “to rejoice”
- Molly Kristen – Latin: “follower of Christ”
- Molly Maeve – Irish: “she who intoxicates”
- Molly Maude – German: “battle mighty”
- Molly Nelly – English: “bright, shining one”
- Molly Phoebe – Greek: “radiant, shining one”
- Molly Raine – French: “queen”
- Molly Sunny – Korean: “obedient”
- Molly Shine – American: “reflect light”
- Molly Sophia – Greek: “wisdom”
- Molly Trixie – Latin: “she who brings happiness”
- Molly Vogue – “popular; fashionable”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Anna
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Zoe
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Adalyn
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sofia
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Adrian
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Molly
Below is a list of unique middle names for Molly with 3 syllables.
- Molly Alina – Slavic: “bright, beautiful”
- Molly Arielle – French: “lion of God”
- Molly Bianca – Italian: “pure and white”
- Molly Briella – Hebrew: “God is my strength”
- Molly Callista – Greek: “most beautiful”
- Molly Dorothy – Hebrew: “gift of God”
- Molly Deborah – Hebrew: “bee”
- Molly Emily – Latin: “an industrious person”
- Molly Eleanor – Greek: “light-hearted; shining light”
- Molly Eliza – Hebrew: “pledged to God”
- Molly Fiona – Scottish: “pure; white”
- Molly Gwendolyn – Welsh: “fair bow or blessed ring”
- Molly Harmony – English: “perfect unity”
- Molly Jamena – Indian: “ beautiful princess, holy river”
- Molly Kimberly – English: “from the wood of the royal forest”
- Molly Jessica – Hebrew: “God beholds”
- Molly Monica – Latin, Greek: “unique, to advise, alone, nun, solitary”
- Molly Pamela – English: “honey; all sweetness”
- Molly Sylvia – Latin: “woods or forest”
- Molly Samantha – Hebrew: “told by God”
You might also like:
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Lyla
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Gracelyn
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Lillian
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Eva
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Juliet
15 Unique French Middle Names for Molly
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Molly Valentine
- Molly Solène
- Molly Laëtitia
- Molly Zoé
- Molly Agathe
- Molly Julia
- Molly Anna
- Molly Emeline
- Molly Lou
- Molly Léna
- Molly Amandine
- Molly Audrey
- Molly Maéva
- Molly Célia
- Molly Océane
Nicknames for Molly
Short names or nicknames you can use.
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Juliette
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Ariana
- 110+ Amazing Middle Names For Isaac
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Finley
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Serenity
Foreign Spelling of Molly
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Molī (Amharic)
- Moli (Belarusian)
- Mò lì (Chinese)
- Moli (Georgian)
- Morī (Japanese)
- Omli (Lao)
- Mollija (Latvian)
- Molli (Mongolian)
- Maulī (Punjabi)
- Molli (Russian)
7 Reasons to consider Middle Names for Molly
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Esme
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Vanessa
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Cash
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Dylan
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Chase
7 Ideas to Craft Middle Names for Molly
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Molly
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous Molly and Related Names
- Molly Kathleen Ringwald – an American actress, singer, dancer, and author.
- Molly Helen Shannon – an American actress and comedian.
- Molly Sims – an American fashion model and actress.
- Molly Williams – was the first known black female firefighter in the United States.
- Molly Ivins – was an American newspaper columnist, author, political commentator, and humorist.
Sibling and Twin Names for Molly
Baby Brother Names for Molly
- Mogan (Alliteration)
- Mauricio (Alliteration)
- Maurice (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Molly
- Emily (Consonance)
- Lily (Consonance)
- Morganne (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning