Congratulations on picking the name Maevefor your baby.
If you are searching on this, you might have once thought about whether or what to give as a middle name for Maeve.
I understand how hard it can be to decide and agree on a name with your partner or even your parents.
And you have come to the right place if you are considering giving little James a middle name.
Middle names are more than just a way of distinguishing two people with the same first name. Middle names can be used to tell a story, honor a person, create stronger family bonding, and make your baby sound more intelligent and noble.
We believe middle names can be important. We hope to give you more confidence behind your choice along with some ideas. That’s why we have curated a list of 120+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for Maeve.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Find out why we have middle names
Table of Contents
Meaning and Origin – What Does Maeve mean?
Maeve is a typical girl’s name of Irish origin meaning “She who intoxicates”, Maeve appeared in Irish mythology as the Queen of Connacht and the queen of the fairies.
Maeve is a short and sweet name with a solid pronunciation that has become one of the most popular Irish names for girls.
Maeve is the 155th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. The name Maeve is typically used for girls.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 110+ Great middle names for Maeve.
You might also like:
100+ Best Middle Names for Maeve
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Maeve
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Maeve with 4 syllables.
- Maeve Alicia – Of Spanish origin meaning “noble”
- Maeve Arizona – US-city inspired
- Maeve Analisa – “graced with God’s bounty”
- Maeve Belladonna – Of Italian origin meaning “nightshade, beautiful lady”
- Maeve Benicia – Of Spanish origin meaning “blessed one”
- Maeve Catarina – “pure”
- Maeve Domenica – Of Italian origin that means “belonging to God”
- Maeve Dorothea – “gift of God”
- Maeve Eliana – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has answered”
- Maeve Evelina – “desired; or water, island”
- Maeve Floralia – Extra elegance to the name Maeve
- Maeve Georgiana
- Maeve Gloriana – Of Latin origin meaning “glory”
- Maeve Gracielle – Another version of Grace “favor; blessing”
- Maeve Horatia – ‘timekeeper”
- Maeve Hilaria – Of Latin origin meaning “cheerful; happy”
- Maeve Luciana – Of Spanish origin meaning “light”
- Maeve Magnolia – of Latin origin meaning “Magnol’s flower”
- Maeve Malaysia – Country inspired
- Maeve Mikaela – Of Hebrew origin meaning “gift of God”
- Maeve Nicoletta – “victory of the people”
- Maeve Octavia – For eight-month born Aria
- Maeve Penelope – An elegant Greek name that means Weaver
- Maeve Seraphina
- AriaMaeve Veronica – “She who brings victory”
You might also like:
25 One-Syllable Middle Names for Maeve
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Maeve with 1 syllable.
- Maeve Ash – An alternative to Ashley
- Maeve Ann – “Favoured”
- Maeve Blythe – Of English origin meaning “happy; carefree”
- Maeve Blaire – “battlefield; plain”
- Maeve Clare – “Bright/Famous”
- Maeve Chase – Of French origin meaning “to hunt”
- Maeve Dove – “Peace”
- Maeve Dawn – “light, daybreak”
- Maeve Dream – Of American origin that means “Joyous Music”
- Maeve Faith – “to have faith”
- Maeve Gem
- Maeve Hope – Of English origin, signifies hope
- Maeve Love – the epitome of Love
- Maeve May – For the May-born Maeve
- Maeve Nell – of English origin meaning “bright, shining one”
- Maeve Pearl – Expresses Maeve as a “Precious” baby
- Maeve Rhyl – Of Welsh origin meaning “light”
- Maeve Raine – “queen”
- Maeve Reese – “passion; enthusiasm”
- Maeve Shay – of Hebrew, Irish origin meaning “stately, gift”
- Maeve Sloane – Of Irish origin meaning “raider”
- Maeve Trace – Of American origin meaning “brave”
- Maeve Vogue – “popular; fashionable”
- Maeve Wren – Of English origin meaning “small bird”
- Maeve Will
You might also like:
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Maya
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mia
- 120+ Amazing Middle Names For Mila
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names for Naomi
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Noah
25 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Maeve
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Maeve with 2 syllables.
- Maeve Alma – Of Latin origin meaning “kind, nourishing”
- Maeve Bella – Short form for Annabella; Beautiful
- Maeve Berry – “God’s protection”
- Maeve Camryn
- Maeve Callie – “Most beautiful”, further confirms Maeve’s beauty
- Maeve Caris – Of Welsh origin meaning “love; grace, kindness”
- Maeve Esme – “to esteem”
- Maeve Freya – “a noblewoman”
- Maeve Greta – of German origin meaning “pearl”
- Maeve Henley – of English origin meaning “high meadow”
- Maeve Iris – “rainbow”
- Maeve Jolie – Inspired by Angelina Jolie
- Maeve Kori – Of Greek origin meaning “maiden”
- Maeve Kathryn – Of Latin origin meaning “Pure, clear.”
- Maeve Laurette
- Maeve Lauren
- Maeve Mia – “friendly, bright”
- Maeve Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Maeve Nicole – Of Greek origin meaning “people of victory”
- Maeve Nora – “honor”
- Maeve Piper – of English, Romanian origin meaning “pipe or flute player”
- Maeve Reyna – Of Spanish origin that means Queen
- Maeve Roxanne
- Maeve Sasha – Of Greek origin meaning “defender, helper of mankind”
- Maeve Zoey – of Greek origin meaning “life”
You might also like:
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Nora
- 100+ Middle Names For Nova
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Oliver
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Owen
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Paige
25 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Maeve
Below is a list of unique middle names that go well with Maeve with 3 syllables.
- Maeve Armani – Fashion-inspired
- Maeve Alison – Of German origin meaning Nobility
- Maeve Belinda – “Beautiful”
- Maeve Cassidy – “Clever”
- Maeve Dorothy – “Gift of God”
- Maeve Elena – “bright, shining light”
- Maeve Emily – An industrious person
- Maeve Fiona – “Pure”; “White”
- Maeve Gabrielle – of French origin meaning “God is my strength”
- Maeve Gillian – of Latin origin meaning “youthful”
- Maeve Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Maeve
- Maeve Ivana – Of Slavic origin meaning “God is gracious”
- Maeve Juliet – of English origin meaning “Youthful, Downy”
- Maeve Katherine – of Greek origin meaning “pure”
- Maeve Melody
- Maeve Makenna
- Maeve Matilda – Of English origin meaning “might and strength”
- Maeve Mackenzie – “comely” or “child of a wise leader”
- Maeve Naomi – “Delightful”
- Maeve Natalie – Of Latin origin meaning “birth of the Lord”
- Maeve Patience – Of English origin meaning “act of being patient”
- Maeve Samantha
- Maeve Sophia – “wisdom”
- Maeve Teresa – Of Spanish origin meaning “To harvest”
- Maeve Violet
15 Unique French Middle Names for Maeve
Here are some French names for you if you want to add a French connection.
- Maeve Emilie
- Maeve Lisa
- Maeve Mélanie
- Maeve Elodie
- Maeve Claire
- Maeve Inès
- Maeve Margaux
- Maeve Alice
- Maeve Elsa
- Maeve Lucile
- Maeve Laure
- Maeve Salomé
- Maeve Charlène
- Maeve Gaelle
- Maeve Helene
Nicknames for Maeve
Short names or nicknames you can use.
You might also like:
- 100+ Amazing Middle Names For Paisley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Parker
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Penelope
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Presley
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names For Reese
Foreign Spelling of Maeve
Here are different ways of spelling the name.
- Mēvi (Amharic)
- Meyv (Armenian)
- Mejv (Belarusian)
- Meĭv (Bulgarian)
- meiv (Georgian)
- Mēbu (Japanese)
- Maeebeu (Korean)
- Meyv (Ukrainian)
- Meiv (Mongolian)
- Meyv (Russian)
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Maeve
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Maeve
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Maeve
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 100+ Unique Middle Names For Riley
- 100+ Great Middle Names For River
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Ruby
- 100+ Lovely Middle Names For Sadie
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Savannah
Famous Maeve and Related Names
- Maeve Brennan (1917 -1993) – was an Irish short story writer and journalist
- Maeve Dermody – a UK-based Australian actress.
- Maeve Higgins – an Irish comedian from Cobh, County Cork, based in New York
- Maeve Geraldine Fort (1940 -2008) – was a British diplomat
- Maeve Kinkead – an American soap opera actress, writer, and poet
Sibling and Twin Names for Maeve
Baby Brother Names for Maeve
- Mason (Alliteration)
- Major (Alliteration)
- Steve (Consonance)
- Neve (Consonance)
- Mate (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Maeve
- Mae (Alliteration)
- Macie (Alliteration)
- Macy (Alliteration)
- Eve (Consonance)
- Mary (Alliteration)
- Maisy (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning