Congratulations on picking the name Layla for your baby. I understand how hard it can be hard to decide and agree on a name with your partner or even your parents.
And you have come to the right place if you are considering giving little Layla a middle name.
Middle names are more than just a way of distinguishing two people with the same first name.
Middle names can be used to tell a story, honor a person, create stronger family bonding, and make your baby sound more intelligent and noble.
We spent hours researching the history and meaning behind the name to come up with the 125+ best middle names for Layla.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name.
Meaning and Origin – What Does Layla mean?
Layla is a typical girl’s name of Arabic origin meaning “night beauty”. Layla is a feminine version of Gianni. Layla is a delicate and soft name that symbolizes beauty and elegance.
Layla is the 17th most popular name in 2021, according to Baby Center. Layla is a name that is mostly used for girls.
You can make your baby even more special by considering these great middle names for Layla.
Let’s check out the CraftyMotherFather’s Selection of 125+ Great middle names for Layla.
100+ Best Middle Names for Layla
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for Layla
Below is a list of unique Middle Names for Layla with 4 syllables.
- Layla Andromeda – of Greek origin meaning “advising like a man”
- Layla Anabella – of Spanish origin meaning “loving”
- Layla Antonella – Of Italian origin meaning “firstborn”
- Layla Barbarella – Of Latin origin meaning “foreign woman”
- Layla Bernadetta – Of German origin meaning Brave/Strong
- Layla Calliope – f Greek origin meaning “beautiful voiced”
- Layla Cordelia – Of Latin, Celtic origin meaning “heart; daughter of the sea”
- Layla Dorothea – of Greek origin meaning “gift of God”
- Layla Dulcinea – of Latin origin meaning “sweetness”
- Layla Eliana – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has answered”
- Layla Elizabeth – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God is my abundance”
- Layla Fiorella – of Italian origin meaning “little flower”
- Layla Gabriella – of Spanish, Italian origin meaning “God is my strength”
- Layla Genevieve – For classy Layla
- Layla Henrietta – Of German origin meaning “home-ruler”
- Layla Ileana
- Layla Isabella – “Devoted to God’/Pious
- Layla Julieta – Of Latin origin meaning “youthful; love’s child”
- Layla Keilana – “glory or calmness”
- Layla Luciana – “light”
- Layla Melania – of Greek origin that means “dark-Skinned”
- Layla Mikaela – Of Hebrew origin meaning “gift of God”
- Layla Penelope – An elegant Greek name that means Weaver
- Layla Seraphina
- Layla Viviana – Of Latin origin meaning “alive; lively”
You might be interested in
30 One-Syllable Middle Names for Layla
Below is a list of unique Middle Names for Layla with 1 syllable
- Layla Anne – of Hebrew origin meaning “grace”
- Layla Beth – of French origin meaning “beautiful”
- Layla Bliss – Of America origin meaning “great joy”
- Layla Clare – “Bright/Famous”
- Layla Chris
- Layla Dream – of American origin that means “joyous music”
- Layla Dell
- Layla Elle
- Layla Eve – of Hebrew origin meaning “life”
- Layla Gem
- Layla Grace – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God’s grace”
- Layla Joules – courageous, honest, creative, brilliant
- Layla June – For the June-born Layla
- Layla Jazz – Short for Jazmine
- Layla Kim – “bold, a royal fortress”
- Layla Kace – “Watchful”
- Layla Kate – of English origin meaning “pure”
- Layla Love – An option for the lovers
- Layla Layne – of English origin that means Dweller By The Road.
- Layla Lark – Perfect for a playful and lighthearted Layla
- Layla Luna – The light in dark times
- Layla Pearl – of Latin origin meaning “pearl”
- Layla Peace – Of American origin meaning “peace”
- Layla Ruth – A spiritual choice
- Layla Rose – of Latin origin meaning “rose, a flower”
- Layla Shay
- Layla Starr – Of American origin meaning Star
- Layla True
- Layla Trace
- Layla Zoe – “Life”
You might like:
30 Two-Syllable Middle Names for Layla
Below is a list of unique Middle Names for Layla with 2 syllables.
- Layla Adele – of German, French origin meaning “noble, nobility”
- Layla Adley – of Hebrew origin meaning “God is just”
- Layla Abby – Of Hebrew origin meaning “Father’s joy”
- Layla Beatrice – Of Latin origin meaning “she who brings happiness; blessed”
- Layla Baylee
- Layla Callie – “Most beautiful”, further confirms Layla’s beauty
- Layla Crystal – “Precious”
- Layla Dora – “A gift from God”
- Layla Donna – of Italian origin meaning “lady”
- Layla Ellen – “bright and shining”
- Layla Ellis – Of English origin that means The Lord Is My God.
- Layla Florence – of Latin origin meaning “flourishing, prosperous”
- Layla Finley – “Warrior”
- Layla Greta – of German origin meaning “pearl”
- Layla Holly
- Layla Helen – of Greek origin meaning “torch; shining light”
- Layla Hattie – Home ruler
- Layla Indie – Of American origin meaning Independent or Indian
- Layla Jasmine – A flower with a sweet scent
- Layla Julie
- Layla Jada – A variant of Jade
- Layla Kelsey
- Layla Lucy – “Light’
- Layla Molly
- Layla Mercy – Of English origin meaning “compassion”
- Layla Morgan – A warrior”/”A Champion”
- Layla Phobe – “Bright one”
- Layla Ruby – “Precious”
- Layla Summer – Cool for a Summer born Layla
- Layla Skyler – Of Dutch origin meaning “scholar”
You might like:
- 115+ Cool Middle Names For Luke
- 120+ Lovely Middle Names for Luna
- 105+ Unique Middle Names for Mackenzie
- 120+ Unique Middle Names for Madeline
- 100+ Beautiful Middle Names for Madison
20 Three-Syllable Middle Names for Layla
Below is a list of unique Middle Names for Layla with 3 syllables.
- Layla Alora – Of African origin meaning “My Dream”
- Layla Anika – “graceful, brilliant or sweet-faced”
- Layla Belinda – “Beautiful”
- Layla Bethany – A stylish choice meaning “house of pigs”
- Layla Cassidy – Of Irish origin meaning “clever; curly-haired”
- Layla Caroline – of French origin and means “strong”
- Layla Dorothy – “Gift of God”
- Layla Emerie – Of German origin meaning “home strength”
- Layla Emily – An industrious person
- Layla Francesca
- Layla Fiona – “Pure”; “White”
- Layla Harmony – Reinforces the peaceful nature of Layla
- Layla Isabelle
- Layla Jamena – “ beautiful princess, holy river”
- Layla Josephine
- Layla Kimberly
- Layla Jessica – A person who has remarkable foresight
- Layla Monica – “unique, to advise, alone, nun, solitary”
- Layla Naomi – “Delightful”
- Layla Sylvia
You might also like:
- 110+ Awesome Middle Names for Maeve
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Mason
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mateo
- 110+ Badass Middle Names For Maverick
- 110+ Middle Names For Max
20 Unique French Middle Names for Layla
- Layla Laurine
- Layla Alexandra
- Layla Valentine
- Layla Solène
- Layla Lola
- Layla Coralie
- Layla Laëtitia
- Layla Alexia
- Layla Aurore
- Layla Cécile
- Layla Alicia
- Layla Zoé
- Layla Agathe
- Layla Julia
- Layla Anna
- Layla Emeline
- Layla Léna
- Layla Laurie
- Layla Lou
- Layla Nina
Nicknames for Layla
Foreign Spelling of Layla
- layila (Amharic)
- Lejla (Albanian)
- Leyla (Armenian)
- Lejla (Belarusian)
- Leĭla (Bulgarian)
- leila (Georgian)
- leilla (Korean)
- Reira (Japanese)
- Layla (Lithuanian)
- Layla (Russian)
- Leyla (Ukrainian)
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Maya
- 100+ Awesome Middle Names For Mia
- 120+ Amazing Middle Names For Mila
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names for Naomi
- 100+ Great Middle Names For Noah
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Name for Baby Layla
Three are a number of benefits for having middle names.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
#7. Smart: CNBC reported that people think people with middle names are more intelligent. Research also finds that it could help get a job.
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby Layla
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for Layla
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
- 105+ Unique Middle Names For Nora
- 100+ Middle Names For Nova
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Oliver
- 110+ Great Middle Names For Owen
- 110+ Lovely Middle Names For Paige
Famous Layla and Related Names
- Layla Grace Marsh – the 2-year-old Cypress girl whose courageous battle with cancer inspired Layla’s Legacy cancer foundation
- (Zara) Layla Kayleigh – a British-American TV personality who used to host The Feed segment of G4’s Attack of the Show
- Layla El – an English real estate agent and former dancer, model, and professional wrestler. She is best known for her time with WWE
- Layla Z. Summers – daughter of musician Andy Summers of The Police, born in 1978
- Layla Lee – daughter of actress Tottie Goldsmith and skier Steven Lee, born in 1993
Sibling and Twin Names for Layla
Baby Brother Names for Layla
- Lazarus (Alliteration)
- Lance (Alliteration)
- Lambert (Alliteration)
- Lancelot (Alliteration)
- Landon (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for Layla
- Lana (Alliteration)
- Leila (Consonance)
- Emmanuella (Consonance)
- Gabriella (Consonance)
- Ella (Consonance)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which ideas you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thoughts.
If you haven’t decided on your baby’s name, then check out these articles.
- 131 Unique Plant Names for Boys that Stand Out
- 508 Clever And Unique Baby Boy Names That Will Inspire You!
- 130+ Unique Plant Names for Girls with Meaning and Examples
- 550 unique Nonbinary Names with Meaning and reference
- 540 Best White Boy Names with Meaning
- 300+ Best White Girl Names with Meaning
- 437 Best Names for Black Boys with Meaning
- 332 Best Black Names for Girls with Meaning