Congratulations on picking the name James for your baby.
If you are searching on this, you might have once thought about whether or what to give as a middle name for James.
I understand how hard it can be to decide and agree on a name with your partner or even your parents.
And you have come to the right place if you are considering giving little James a middle name.
Middle names are more than just a way of distinguishing two people with the same first name. Middle names can be used to tell a story, honor a person, create stronger family bonding, and make your baby sound more intelligent and noble.
We believe middle names can be important. We hope to give you more confidence behind your choice along with some ideas. That’s why we have curated a list of 120+ names that will inspire you to come up with unique middle names for baby James.
Let’s start with the history and meaning behind the name James.
Meaning and Origin – What does James mean?
James is a classic name of Hebrew origin meaning “supplanter”. It is also an English derivative of the Hebrew name Jacob. In the New Testament of the Bible, James was one of the Twelve Apostles.
About six US presidents and six Scottish kings are given the name James. Today, it’s a modern and cool name that has been used for popular movie characters like James Bond.
According to Baby Center, James is the 8th most popular name in 2021. James is a name that is only used for boys.
You can make your baby even more special by considering our selection of 120+ Great middle names for James. Below are our handpicked favorite middle names for James.
100+ Best Middle Names for James
25 Unique (Four-Syllable) Middle Names for James
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For James with 4 syllables.
- James Alessandro – Of Italian origin meaning “defender of the people”
- James Alessio – of Italian origin meaning “defender”
- James Antonio – Of Spanis and Italian origin meaning “Highly praiseworthy”
- James Basilio – Of Spanish origin meaning “noble”
- James Benedetto – of Latin origin meaning “blessed”
- James Benvolio – of Italian origin meaning “good wisher”
- James Cipriano
- James Deangelo – of Italian origin “from the Angel”
- James Damarius – Of Spanish and Greek origin meaning “gentle”
- James Emilio – Great sounding name
- James Emmanuel – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God with us”
- James Federico – of Italian origin meaning “peaceful ruler”
- James Gamaliel – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God is my reward”
- James Giovanni – of Italian origin and meaning “gift from God”
- James Heriberto – of Spanish origin that means “Army Bright”
- James Laurencio
- James Leonardo – Of German origin meaning “brave as a lion”
- James Mariano
- James Mauricio – of Spanish origin that means “dark, moor”
- James Napoleon – Signifies brevity and strength
- James Salvatore – of Italian origin that means “Savior”
- James Theophilus – Of Greek origin meaning “Loved of God”
- James Valentino – Of Italian origin meaning “strength; health”
- James Xavier – of Arabic origin and meaning “new house or bright”
- James Zachariah – of Hebrew origin meaning “the Lord has remembered”
You might also like: 550 Nonbinary Names With Meaning
30 One-Syllable Middle Names for James
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For James with 1 syllable.
- James Axe -inspired by Billions’ Axe – Bobby Axelrod
- James Ace – of Latin origin that means “One Or Expert”
- James Arch – Of German origin meaning “genuine, bold, and brave”
- James Beau – of French origin meaning “handsome”
- James Banks – of English origin that means Edge Of The River
- James Bob – Of English origin meaning “Famed, bright; shining”
- James Briggs
- James Cade – of English origin that means Stout, Sturd
- James Clark – Of French origin meaning “scholar”
- James Craig – of Scottish origin meaning “from the rocks”
- James Dean
- James Drake
- James Floyd
- James Fred – of English origin that means Peaceful Ruler
- James Finn – of Irish origin meaning “fair or white”
- James George – Of Greek origin meaning “farmer, earth-worker”
- James Grant – For the tall James
- James Hank – of American origin meaning Ruler Of The Home
- James Heath
- James Jace – Of Greek origin and means “healer”
- James King – A blend of royalty to the name James
- James Keith – of Scottish origin meaning “wood”
- James Lyon – of French origin meaning “lion”
- James Luke – Another form of Lucas meaning “light-giving”
- James Miles – Latin origin meaning “soldier or merciful”
- James Park
- James Rhodes – of Greek origin meaning “rose garden”
- James Stone – solid as a rock
- James Troy – “a descendant of foot soldiers”
- James Vince – Of Latin origin meaning “prevailing”
You might like:
30 Two-Syllable Middle Names for James
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For James with 2 syllables.
- James Aiden – of Irish origin meaning Little Fire
- James Alan – of Old German origin meaning “precious”
- James Alex – Of Greek origin meaning “Defender of men; protector of mankind.”
- James Bryan – of Irish, British origin meaning “strong, virtuous, and honorable”
- James Beckham
- James Corbin – of Latin origin meaning “crow”
- James Calvin
- James Declan – of Irish origin meaning “man of prayer”
- James Dawson – Of English origin meaning “son of David”
- James Dante – Of Italian origin meaning “lasting, enduring”
- James Ethan – of Hebrew origin meaning “Firm, Strong”
- James Edward – Of English origin meaning “wealthy guard”
- James Franklin – Freeman
- James Felix – of Latin origin meaning “happy and prosperous
- James Grady
- James Henry – of German origin meaning Ruler Of The Home
- James Hector – Of Greek origin meaning “steadfast, hold fast”
- James Justin – of Latin origin meaning “fair, righteous”
- James Jasper – of English origin meaning “treasurer”
- James Jeffrey – of Old German origin meaning “peace”
- James Landon
- James Leon – of Greek origin meaning “lion”
- James Martin – of Latin origin meaning Servant Of Mars, God Of War
- James Memphis – of Greek origin that means Established And Beautiful
- James Oscar -nmOf Irish Gaelic origin meaning “God’s spear”
- James Parker
- James Russel – of French origin meaning “redhead, fox-colored”
- James Ryan – Of Scottish origin meaning “little king”
- James Tyler – A cool name for the little King
- James Wyatt – Of English origin meaning “brave in the world”
You might like:
24 Three-Syllable Middle Names for James
Below is a list of unique Middle Names For James with 3 syllables.
- James Augustine – Heavy name that can be traced back to medieval, meaning “great, magnificent”
- James Anderson
- James Aziel – Hebrew origin meaning “God is my strength”
- James Benjamin – “son of the right hand” – also inspired by Benjamin Franklin
- James Bellamy – of French origin meaning “Good Friend”
- James Cameron
- James Castiel – of Hebrew origin meaning “my cover is God”
- James Dakota – Us-city inspired; friendly one
- James Dariel -” Dearly loved, Open”
- James Emery – of Latin origin meaning “loving”
- James Emerson- Brave or Powerful
- James Gustavo
- James Gerardo – “spear courageous”
- James Hadrian – Latin origin meaning “Dark-haired”
- James Harrison – Of English origin meaning “son of Harry”
- James Jonathan – Of Hebrew origin meaning “God has given”
- James Nicholas – “People of victory”
- James Morrison – Scottish origin meaning “Dark-skinned”
- James Maverick – Of English origin meaning “nonconforming” or “independent”
- James Ricardo – Of Spanish origin meaning “brave ruler”
- James Sullivan – Of Irish origin meaning “black-eyed one”
- James Thiago
- James Zachary – Of Hebrew origin meaning “the Lord has remembered”
You might also like:
- [Review] Best Online Breastfeeding Courses
- [Review] Best Online Childbirth Classes
- [Review] New Moms Guide to Strollers
15 Unique French Middle Names For James
- James Julien
- James Maxime
- James Antoine
- James Clement
- James Kevin
- James Edgar
- James Florian
- James Fernand
- James Hugo
- James Loïc
- James Jacques
- James Pierre
- James Maxence
- James Marc
- James Valentin
You might also like:
- 87 Unique Baby Shower Games 
- The Best Online Breastfeeding Courses
- 34 Best Christmas Gifts For Pregnant Wife
Nicknames for James
You might also like: 29 Signs Your Husband Isn’t in Love With You
Foreign Spelling of James
- Jēmisi (Amharic)
- Jeyms (Armenian)
- Džejms (Belarusian)
- Dzheĭms (Bulgarian)
- jeimsi (Georgian)
- Xaime (Galician)
- Tzéims (Greek)
- Jēmuzu (Japanese)
- jeimseu (Korean)
- Iacobus (Latin)
- Dzheyms (Russian)
You might also like: Female Led Relationship And How To Get In One
7 Reasons to Have a Middle Names For James
Three are a number of benefits for having Middle Names For James.
#1. Special: an easy way to make them even more special.
#2. Traditional: the first to give your son or daughter a middle name.
#3. Sound more pleasant between the baby’s first name and your last name.
#4. Memory: remember someone, pay homage, or honor someone special.
#5. Aspirational: with stories of a particular middle name
#6. Noble: The middle name concept probably started with the ruling class in Rome according to Times. It was a way to which family one comes from and, more importantly, why one matters.
You might also like: 34 Best Christmas Gifts For Pregnant Wife
7 Ideas to Craft a Middle Name for Baby James
1. Pay homage
2. Remember the heritage
3. Make it personal
4. Make it about value or belief
5. Check the sounds
6. Check the initials and acronyms for James
7. Google the name: see if negative comes up
Famous James and Related Names
- James Knox Polk (1745 – 1849) – was the 11th president of the United States, serving from 1845 to 1849.
- James Earl “Jimmy” Carter – an American philanthropist, author, and former politician who served as the 39th president of the United States of America
- James Connolly – was an Irish revolutionary leader, signatory, and labor leader
- James Todd Smith (LL Cool J) – an American rapper, record producer, and actor from Queens, New York.
- James Corden – an English actor, comedian, singer, writer, producer, and television host.
Sibling and Twin Names for James
Here are amazing and cute names for baby James’s siblings.
Baby Brother Names for James
- Jameson (Alliteration)
- Jeffrey (Alliteration)
- Jamie (Alliteration)
- Jacob (Alliteration)
- Jaylon (Alliteration)
- Jesse (Alliteration)
Baby Sister Names for James
- Jane (Alliteration)
- Jane (Alliteration)
- Jessica (Alliteration)
- Jess (Alliteration)
- Jayden (Alliteration)
Bringing it All Together
Over to you crafty mothers and fathers! We hope you enjoy our post.
Tell us which Middle Names For James you like the most in the comment section.
Share it with your partner or friends and ask their thought